Same Old, same old...

Old 05-18-2006, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Same Old, same old...

Sad. Mother’s Day at my Mom’s was overall very nice. However, my Abrother smelled like alcohol. Not on his breath, mind you, and he acted OK, for the most part. You know how sometimes if a person eats garlic how they have a garlic smelling body odor about them for a day or two? He’s like that with alcohol. He called our Mom on Tuesday and said he was running a fever… He will be right back in the hospital because he can’t drink too much for too long without becoming seriously ill. Sad. He’s a grown man. He’s been down this same road at least a dozen times in about 15 years. He knows he needs radical help. He is killing himself. On one hand I want to call him and say, I know you’re drinking again, for goodness sake get some help! On the other hand, it’s all been said before and has done no good. I am scared he will die.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

They say ...hands off

and as you said, it has all been said before.

My own sisters have handle such situations with a matter of fact tone as they would say.. your choice, guess we will see you at the wake.
Sarcasm maybe but they would say things only for their own peace of mind.
Repeating it daily would be wrong but once a year helped them stay at peace.

I feel there are times when a sugestion on how to do things doesn't need be followed. You will know if you are saying more then needs be said. If it will help "you" better deal with him...maybe a sentence or two, once or twice a year could be a good thing.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

(((Bohemi)))-- I'm sorry for your continuous pain and struggles with your brother, but he ultimately is the only person that can help himself. I know it's a hard thing to swallow and no one wants to see his/her loved one in any pain of any sort. If it's all been said, it's all been said. Do what you feel is best for you, but don't expect it to have an effect on him and don't obsess over it. It really is beyond your control or influence. Hugs to you and prayers to you and your family.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do believe I will see my AH die of alchohol abuse. He is always sick and not the sick from a hangover.... cuz he doesnt stop long enough to get the Vodka out of his system. He too smells like a walking tavern through his skin.. Sleeping with him isnt fun for sure.
If this does happen,,,, I will live with the fact that my husband accidently killed himself. Because I do believe they dont do this on purpose at these late stages and if they really knew they were a slow sucide.... they would get help.
Right or wrong , I have to believe that for my sake..

AH checks my gas guage and demands to know where I went with that last 1/4 tank of gas... when I dont answer him on my cell phone... I must be with someone else and he threatens to kill himself... He sleeps sometimes in front of the front door so I don't leave and the other night he swore that there was someone in the house and he got up looking around.