Jail!!! I Need You...

Old 05-08-2006, 01:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I think what mega and sunshine are trying to do is "be friends" with their husbands. It just ain't gonna happen ladies .... been there done that ..... the only friend they want is "booze" .... both of you are just a way to get to their very bestest friend in the whole entire world. You are both being played.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

LOL

I promise, I am not trying to be friends. I don't think "bar" because it isn't quite like your typical club. It's a resort that you can be a member of if you own a time share, which we do. It literally has a water park....not a huge one but three slides, three kiddie pools and two huge other pools. I go up there once a month or so and spend the day. I stay with the small kids and my big ones go on the slides. They'll go on one, come back to me, go on another, etc. I'd go more often but it is scary to let them out of my sight. However, I DO because I can't be in two places at once. The older kids don't want to hang out in the kiddie pools cuz they can swim. So when he said he'd go help watch, I really thought he'd help watch. Not "help" as in interact but be an extra set of eyes. He hasn't ever tied one on there before and he doesn't usually drink in when we're out with the kids.

With all that said, I don't know why I'm trying to defend myself. I don't think I"m being played since he can drink wherever he wants, whenever he wants. He does have a car and he does drive and he will even drink and drive, LOL.

AM I being played? I don't think so. Am I stupid for thinking something like that wouldn't happen due to the reasons I listed above? obviously.

I suppose we've PROGRESSED to another part of the drinking in that he crossed a line he hadn't before.

Well, now I know....as jazz said, repeat....LOL

He will drink in front of the kids at a kid type event.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Hey Mega! I just read your post. Sorry that you have to go through this crap. I will be thinking of you. Hang on your on your way out! Love ya... Kermit
Old 05-08-2006, 04:38 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Thanks everybody for your comments and glad to see you around Judy. I thought you'd given up on me . Yes, I guess it was really wishful thinking to think that our hubbys could "maintain". One reason I decided to go was undoubtedly selfish. I enjoy that kind of stuff and I am tired of missing out on the things I love for fear of AH's behavior. I'm on my way out and could not care less how much he does or does not drink at this point in our relationship. I fully realize it's all up to him and it is not my problem. If he's playing me, he's playing a one-sided game with himself LOL.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I would have avoided going to any place or any situation that had the remotest chance I'd have to handle him. When he picked up his first whiskey or beer, I'd have left then. Most of those situations end the same way and you can see it coming. We can detach on our own turf but it's not so easy out in public.