Down in the trenches...

Old 05-03-2006, 11:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

NO MORE LUNGES for me (well not the exercise kind)!
LOL-- but whatever do you mean cwohio??? LOL. Yep-- the slug-like feeling is the worst for me. Also, I'm only 34 and when I get up off the sofa and something "pops," that is NOT a good sign to me! It's too early for any kind of real popping or creaking dangit!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

yeah - snap, crackle and pop are familiar sounds and i'm not talking 'bout cereal!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pmaslan
Why do ya'll always have to turn everything into something so sexual....LOL
Because it feels so good. LOL
Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can soooo relate to this. For years I have not bothered to exercise when I have been depressed, then beat myself up about not doing it, then beat myself up about being a bit wobbly in certain areas, then beat myself up about not fitting into my clothes. This is despite knowing how good I feel when I'm getting fit. The "What's the point?" thoughts would come thick and fast.

When I split with my previous ex, an angel in the form of a personal trainer came into my life. He was a former university championship swimmer and he taught me how to swim properly. Boy, did that feel good!! I am a water baby and to be able to feel at one with the water and swim well was such an addition to my life.

I stopped going after I'd been with R about 2 months. I would go to the pool on and off over the years, but my heart wasn't in it and my head was certainly not in the right place. I would churn up and down the pool whilst all those obsessive thoughts were going around my mind. Kind of took the pleasure out of it.

About a month ago, I joined a local health club. I don't know what motivated me - it was just time. I had to wade through a million flashbacks, even down to getting out my gym bag and finding some perfume in there that was a guilt offering from R. But it's different this time. I go because I want to, not because I feel I have to. I don't beat myself up if I'm too tired. I don't count lengths, I just enjoy the moment. I joined on a swim-only basis because I hate the gym - again, making decisions that eliminate the "shoulds". And I have beaten the flashback demons. And best of all - I think I need to go shopping for some new clothes!!!

Good luck to all of you who are getting back into it. Find something you enjoy that makes you feel good.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Shew!!! What a day! Work has been kicking my butt lately. I almost missed this thread I've been so busy... I feel like I have a …. strained butt muscle or something... anyway..

I too stopped working out after the last relationship got... um... time consuming. But I fixed that and started up again last fall. It really helps get the stress out, keep the toxins down, and I have to do something to counter the smoking LOL *cough*.

I have noticed that in my life when I'm not happy, I get lazy and gain weight. Simple as that. Working out is like a self fulfilling prophecy, you feel better, you look better, you treat yourself better, like less red meat and fried chicken. But as long as they have a pill for high cholesterol I don't have to quit fried chicken cold turkey. Don't think I could do that.

Hi I'm Scott and I'm a Fried Chickenaholic!

*hi Scott*

love that chicken from Popeye’s
Old 05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Strained butt muscle ...hmmm seems there's a lot of that going around lately....

Here's to better butts .....literally and figuratively....lol
Old 05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Christie... that whole "swinging from the chandelier" type zesty sessions should be left to the young folks.

Or.... you could take Motrin
Old 05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

motrin & therma care heat pads! LOL i'm young at heart & mind if not in form!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Christie - I'm with you on the straining inappropriate parts thing. I overworked my inner thighs last week as I am trying to improve my breast-stroke kick. It seems such a shame to get that kind of injury alone.....

Did I just say inner thigh and breast in the same sentence? Oops. Jazz, you might want to get some high blood pressure pills too
Old 05-03-2006, 01:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Can you repeat that w/ a British accent please?

I'll pre-medicate w/ some Motrin...
Old 05-03-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Old 05-03-2006, 02:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Hi I'm Scott and I'm a Fried Chickenaholic!
Hi Scott, I'm Mega and I'm a Fried Chickenaholic as well! Fried Catfishaholic like you would NOT believe-- yum-- with bunches and bunches of cole slaw, tartar, lemon and about 1/2 a bottle of Tabasco. Gym??? Who the hell is Gym??? Can ya tell I'm from the south????? LOL.

Ok-- I'm reading the rest of the new posts and I'm outta here to the treadmill. You guys are so funny.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Sex ...

... a vastly overrated experience - at least at my age! LOL!!! I had the weight loss/weight gain experience myself. But what happened to me is that within 8 weeks of getting involved with my AH I went from a size 12 to a size 8. Eventually I was skinny enough to wear junior's size 9's! I figure I dropped somewhere between 25-30 pounds. As the marriage went sour, I began to gain weight. I realize as I age that I'm not going to have the size 7 bod I had when I was 30 (now THAT is small!). On the other hand, everytime I've ever fallen "in love" with some abuser, addict, dysfunctional crazoid, I've dropped weight like a rock!

Hmmmm .... sounds as if I have an addiction to bad relationships and have the mistaken idea that someone else's approval of me makes me feel good about myself! Now there's something to ponder as I sweat it out at the gym with my trainer!