SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   need help info (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/92209-need-help-info.html)

spider54 04-22-2006 11:23 AM

Thankyou for your advise. I know everyone is right. I will try to focus on myself as the best I can and hope she will call when she is able.

spider54 04-24-2006 06:37 AM

Hi all

Well I have been tring to keep busy but it has been hard to keep my mind off of my loved one. I am not hearing anything from how she is doing or even know where she is.
I beleive she still can't talk to anyone except her sister. But I did hear from an aunt that her sister doesn't want anyone to speak to me. I am afraid that when she does come out of rehab. that her whole idea of what we had before she went in will be changed. I don't know if that would happen, her just forgeting me all together when she is out. I am asumming that it will just pickup where we left off but with her feeling better about herself and her being cleaner. I just don't think that because she went to rehab to get better, that when she returns I am not in her picture. But this is what her sister is tring to do or at least make me think will happen. Before she went in she wanted me to promise her that I would be waiting for her when she returned.

Pick-a-name 04-24-2006 07:39 AM

Hi; hope things are going better for you.

I just re-read this......not that it really matters, but are your gf's family trying to make you the "cause" of her drinking problem or something? It happens. (Some of the A's :) in my husband's family think it is the kids and I over-reacting,etc. We have been married 27yr and his family all live a few hours drive away..we see each other a few hours,a few holidays per year, so they don't think it could be "too bad" if he still has a job and can drive..........and it "couldn't happen in their family" so it must be US that "make" him drink.

If you are dealing with this situation, there is no use trying to argue with them about it....they will believe what they want to believe..ultimately we all do. Just don't YOU buy into it, is why I mention this if it should come up!

Remember the 3 c's: You didn't cause it, can't control it, and can't cure it...no matter what anyone else says. Good luck and glad you are here.

trishsis 04-24-2006 08:19 AM

What a Good Friend you are. Usually for the first week a PT is not allowed phone calls at all. After that usually they are free to call whom ever they wish.Please let me know how you are doing as I am sure this is not easy for you, but do not worry as far as I know that is how mose detox units work, There first concern is the well being of the PT,which is what it is all about. Best of luck to your friend This disease is a real Pain in the "lower back area" anything I can do please let me know Love, Trishsis :flower5:

spider54 04-29-2006 04:25 PM

Well it has been 11 days (4 days in detox and I beleive she has been now 7 days in a rehab center somewhere. Still no word from her. I just guess she can't have any contact with the outside. Doesn't seem right she just couldn't call to say she is OK.

denny57 04-29-2006 04:30 PM

((spider54))

I know it's tough, but just hang in there. Work on yourself one day at a time and try not to obsess about why you are not hearing from her. Why not assume she is ok unless you hear otherwise.

Don't be a stranger and keep posting if it helps you through it.