It's Thursday ... now the OFFICIAL tantrum day!!!

Old 04-13-2006, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Thursday ... now the OFFICIAL tantrum day!!!

For the past month, my AH has been "going off" for some reason or another on Thursdays. As we all know (I hope!) A's will magnify something of little or no consequence for reasons we cannot discern. I don't bother to attempt to figure it out anymore, just as I let his repeated apologies roll off my back. It started off a month ago with him getting pissed off about, heaven only knows what, and driving a mile away to a hotel. He performed that little act two weeks in a row. Last week we were together in Phoenix on Thursday, so when he couldn't find his billfold at 10 pm, he proceeded to rip a door off the clothes closet. I was in the shower, but I could hear the racket. He ultimately found his wallet. My only comment was, "I hope ripping a door off its hinges helped you find your wallet sooner."

Now it's another Thursday and he has left because of my "attitude" so he went to our new house. Funny thing ... suddenly this old R.V. looks real good compared to that new house with its built-in wall speakers, pool, and jacuzzi spa. I guess my AH has "arrived" at his idea of success. Funny thing, though, there aren't any U-Haul's being pulled behind a hearse ....
Old 04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by prodigal
My only comment was, "I hope ripping a door off its hinges helped you find your wallet sooner."
hahahaha I love it hahahaha

When my wife would say such things, it just left me there with a blank look on my face

That is one fine example of good recovery in my opinion.(if said with the proper tone)(mono tone)
Old 04-14-2006, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. It's official. He's made his decision. There is a day when they stop covering and basically throw you away. There's nothing funny about it.