This time....

Old 04-08-2006, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile This time....

D mentioned last night that it's 5 months now, I said I was looking forward to when it's years but that when that time comes I'll still remember now with fondness. This is it's own unique time.

It's now that matters, we we are now, what are plans are now, what we feel now - where we are now as people.

While we finished our curry the restaurant had got quiet (read empty!) and the staff had begun to sing in the kitchen. We talked about different cultures, I said it seems so sad to me that western men don't sing together or hold each other, or talk about their heart and what they feel as readily as the weather. I reminded D of the kebab shop where one of the staff had drawn a flower for his boss, because it was his bosses birthday.

D said he agreed but that his boss was always putting a hand on a shoulder and that sometimes one of the other guys would sing. D had taken a portrait photo of the guy retiring for the firm to keep.

Apparently D not drinking came up again and D had told them he got sick of hang overs and the amount he drank just kept going up so he stopped - he also told them he's now saving a fortune in cash!! There were lots of positive comments back - including him making a good dinner guest as it's the wine that always costs so much!

Sometimes I am just an observer, sometimes it feels like I watch and just get caught up in watching - or listening to the Bengali singing and laughter while hearing how things move in a different way. D has watched too - from his all white village to here, the local shops and the care shown between people and to us - the prices cut, the extra mile to deliver while we are at friends, the strong welcome still kept in an empty restaurant while the staff sing.

He's made his own decision over how friends will be made, through closeness, through photographs, gifts and caring.

And last of all I bought the MOST INCREDIBLE sofa today - we can lie next to each other lengthways on it!! It's a sofa made for us and even though it cost £200 at auction, it's worth every penny!!

NOW - THIS TIME, it's now to live the way we choose and let what will be be.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

OOOOHHH-- sounds like a very nice sofa Equus and I'm so happy that this weekend has been wonderful for you and D. What is "now" is to be treasured b/c none of us know what tomorrow can bring. Every moment should be a treasure for you and D, just as it should be a treasure to us all. How easy it is to not live those words though-with the daily grind of everyday life and the urge to use the ole' crystal ball. If we can all truly master that concept in our lives, we'd all be much better I think! Your weekend has been inspiring.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The sofa is big enough for us both to sit cross legged, facing each other and have a picnic in the middle!! I designated the middle bit as the picnic zone!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Well then... since I'm from deep south USA, break out the fried chicken and tator salad! Teehee.