Compartmentalizing Emotions

Old 04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine003
so judy, when you say you "stash it away" and use it again later, would that mean you throw it up in someones face type stuff? Or something different?
Yes sunshine, I guess I would. I would use it to get me what I want or some sort of personal satisfaction.

It's like I would use it to set up a "smoke screen", so people don't see the real me, so that I can hide in plain view. Does that make sense?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I do this, too. In working with my therapist it is becoming more clear to me every day, too, how I use it to manipulate. It is uncomfortable looking at it, admitting it and dealing with it. I'm very confused by a lot of it; because what happened is real and often times painful. It's what I DO with it that has been causing me grief. Sorry to be vague, but I'm at the babysteps stage with this.
I know Denny, the feelings of looking at it, admitting it and dealing with it , well it makes me squirmy .... sort of like holding a squirming child that so desperately wants to get out of your embrace.

It's what I DO with it also that causes me grief, lots of it.

Mike, you have given me much to ponder and re-think. I'll get back to you on your most recent post.