2nd thoughts

Old 04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

2nd thoughts

Help, I must be crazy. I took the lkids to Big bear this weekend with a friend of mine. We had a GREAT time. However all I could think about was HIM, I thought he sould be the one with us he should be having this fun with us.
I went to my meeting last night and just seemed to want him more than ever. I miss him.Tommorow is are wedding anniversary.
I thought I was makomg progress. Any idea what happened? He callled the kids yesturday and left a message so we called him back and had to leave him a message, he always picks up or calls back ALWAYS, this time he hasn't. So I have a sick feeling in my heart, he is supposed to see the kids tonight,anyway I feel hopless today. Dad had surgery today all went well.Yea!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it's quite natural and normal to go through "cycles" like this. Especially around important dates like the wedding anniversary. You're still grieving, and probably will be for some time. It does get easier the more time passes, but it's still okay to allow yourself to feel sad if that's how you feel.

Good to hear your dad's surgery went well.

Take care of yourself.

L
Old 04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((kermit)))

You will have days where it seems like you just can't get him out of your head. It is part of the process. It is painful. Just hang in there okay...I am sorry. I hope you hear from him.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh what Splendra said totally.
I can go weeks without thinking about what once was....
Then something out of the blue just hits me and it a year ago
all over again.
Hills and valleys.....hang in there.
Glad to hear your dad is doing okay......
Old 04-03-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear I am not the only one who has days when they really miss their AHs. Some days are better than others. When we went away for a vacation weekend two weeks ago, both my youngest son and I had a hard time enjoying ourselves. It seemed as though there was a BIG HOLE in our family. But we are moving on and hopefully we will experience more hills than valleys soon. I wish the same for you and your family, Kermie.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((kermit))

seems we all go through it. it hits me hard around "important" dates, too. sometimes just on a tuesday, which is the day we always set aside to go out to lunch together. then i try to remind myself that even those days turned into 2-bottle lunches and usually an argument on the way home. hang in there.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

(((kermit)))--no real advice, but I hope you start feeling better soon. I think the others are probably right in that this is a natural phase of the grieving process. Don't be too hard on yourself. This too shall pass.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Okay, he called he said he lost his phone for a little while, whatever!The important thing is that he will be there to see his son tonight. I am a little worried about what our son will say about the trip to the snow. For the first time in 3 months I was really worried about him. Goes to show ya how really silly I am. Thanks everyone.