Need some work!

Old 04-02-2006, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Need some work!

Things have been pretty calm and serene at home since his last slip at Christmas.
P is doing well; better than he has all year. He's surprised me a few times by mentioning how on top of things he's feeling, he's not usually one for doing that,typical man!
I haven't worried about how he's doing much at all really.
Until today.
Mobile phone rings as usual at 5.30 when he's working away... pick up phone...Say hello darling...answer... sounds of movement, dis-jointed words...me=heart dropping to the pit of my stomach, cold sweat, trying to get an answer to my question "How are you?...say I'll call him back in a few minutes and put phone down... mind in overdrive!
Land line rings... Phil= Hello darling, sorry about that; I couldn't hear you, haven't got the hang of the settings on this new mobile yet and I think the connection was pretty bad too. How's your day been?
Blasted phones!! I'm having fits and he's fine!

Think I need to do some more work on me
<!-- / message -->
Old 04-02-2006, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Originally Posted by susane1408
I haven't worried about how he's doing much at all really.
Until today.
Well, it was a trigger, and you have a right to feel that way...

I'm glad things are going fine for you and him.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I thought I was doing quite well about taking things in my stride and keeping my serenity! that "trigger" crept up on me; things have been going so well that I am feeling quite cosy, I certainly didn't feel cosy when I thought he'd slipped!!
Oh well... at least I didn't jump with both feet and ask him if he was drinking before I'd given him a chance to speak He has a very obvious difference in his voice when drinks.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Susane, all you needed was another 30 mins to let the imagination fly and then BINGO - work done. (As heart slows down and a voice inside says.... 'For F**KS sake I'm not doing THAT to myself again!!).

It's a bit unnerving though, I felt sort of weird that it had so much effect. I think now I accept that - it is frightening so therefore it's not likely to ever be exactly run of the mill. I don't think we can become lumps of wood to it, but we can at least not do it to ourselves!!!

I reckon it's 100% understandable and also horrible and needless!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

knee-jerk reactions take a while to overcome for sure. you handled yourslf marvously susane!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The relief was quite a good feeling but I'd rather stick with other ways of feeling good thank you very much

'For F**KS sake I'm not doing THAT to myself again!!).
I'm certainly going to try and keep it to a minimum! the tickers getting on you know.

Now I've had time to think, I did do quite well didn't I, Thanks Christie
Old 04-02-2006, 09:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

I'm happy to hear that it was just a bad connection. I think it is understandable that you had that reaction. It would be good to take from it and learn. I guess these triggers will always be there and if we can cope with them with as little stress on OURSELVES as possible, ahhhhhh...