For the Moms

Old 03-26-2006, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For the Moms

Life sucks.

It is harsh, brutal and cruel. The gentlest people suffer the greatest pain, while the selfish and evil seem to enjoy the most.

There is a desert called Death Valley, and it is as harsh, brutal and cruel as any place on earth. There's a few niches carved out for the tourists, with appropriate signage and warnings from the rangers. Stick to the roads, don't wander off alone, and never, ever go out where only your HP can see you.

I've been in this business of life for awhile now, and I know that the rangers are right. Unless you have many decades experience out in the back of beyond you'd better stick close to mommy ranger. I also know that the HP has a special love for those who have the courage to seek out His treasures.

Away from the tourist roads. Over the ridge where the wind blows 40, 50 miles an hour. Where there is no soil or sand but only rock. Where the sun blazes like a microwave and bare skin cooks into bacon in an afternoon. Down the valley, across the wash, thru the ravine and beyond the cleft. Climb the boulders, up the gully, thru a secret entry known as Kathryn pass and there the HP has His private garden.

Dry, barren and scorched. What little soil there is comes from the wind, trapped between the pebbles and gathered by a small village of ants. Here the HP has placed His most wondrous of miracles. A flower.

Alone. Unknown and left to fend against the most evil desert of all. With no hope, no future and filled with despair. Still this gentle, soft miracle stands against the wind. Blooms against an unforgiving sky and shouts to the world "I live".

I live and live in joy. I live because life itself is a prayer of love for my HP. My HP loves me and being loved I need nothing else. With that love alone I can turn a desert into a song of beauty.

That is why we bring flowers to the Mom's to show our love. It is their love that makes life a song of joy. This flower is for all the Mom's who still love, and who will always love. Just like the flowers beyond Kathryn pass, your courage is proof that the HP loves us all.

http://www.evanayers.com/Images/Acha...werWeb0001.jpg

Mike :-)

Last edited by DesertEyes; 03-27-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mike...
It's an awesome picture and so is your post. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mike, not only are you a wonderful photographer, but your way with words is also artistic and beautiful. I feel like I was in that desert with you, and that picture is awesome. Thank you for sharing your experience and your talent with us.

Hugs,
Old 03-26-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Beautiful.........made me cry, but in a good way. Thanks
Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Mike
Old 03-27-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mike.....loved the pic and your post.....
Old 03-27-2006, 09:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awsome!

After a bit of a diffcult time with my daughter this weekend, that brought tears to my eyes...

Thank you!
Old 03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

You're amazing. Thank you.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Thank you, my friend, for that precious gift.