moms a drunk and im at my end!!!

Old 03-13-2006, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy moms a drunk and im at my end!!!

HI IM NEW ON HERE SO I DONT REALLY KNOW HOW THIS WHOLE SITE WORKS BUT I THOUGHT THAT I WOULD JUST GIVE IT A SHOT SO HERE GOES.......OK IM 19 I JUST MOVED OUT OF MY MOMS HOUSE (WELL MY STEP DADS HOUSE).......ANY WAY IV BEEN DEALING WITH MY MOMS DRINKING FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER.......IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ME AND MY TWO BROTHERS THEY ALWAYS TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS YOUNGER THEY ARE NOW 22 AND 21....... WELL THEY HAVE GIVIN UP ON HER AND IM ALMOST THERE.....I LOVE HER I REALLY DO BUT IM SICK OF IT IM TIRED OF THE PHONE CALLS FROM THE BAR (WHERE SHE WORKS) SAYING THAT SHE IS TOO DRUNK AND TO COME AND GET HER........I DO HAVE ALOT OF HARD FEELINGS TOWARD HER BECAUSE WE WERE IN AND OUT OF FOSTER CARE FOR A GOOD PART OF OUR LIFE THEN WHEN SHE WAS SOBER FOR 6 MONTHS THEY LET US COME HOME FOR GOOD.......I KNOW THAT SHE HAS HAD A ROUGH CHILD HOOD BUT SOO DID I.....BUT YOU DONT SEE ME DRINKING EVERY NIGHT.........IM TIRED OF THIS IM SOO WORRIED ABOUT HER AND SHE IS ALREADY SICK SHE IS FORGETING ALOT OF STUFF IM GETTING REALLY SCARED DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO SOO IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!!

THANX
THE LOST GIRL
Old 03-13-2006, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're not alone anymore - welcome to SR!!

There's others here that have alcoholic mothers and I'm sure they'll be along soon, sometimes it's quiet around now - I'm in the UK so it's early morning but I think this is late at night in the US.

You're right you have had a tough childhood and YOU matter first. Do you have any access to get support for you? I used counselling and lots of other folk use Al-Anon. Alcoholism is a toughy - a real one so it makes sense to get a little help to stay strong.

I've got to run now... but stick around and they'll be lots of folk give a reply here.

Take care LG....
Old 03-13-2006, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

The best you can do for her is take care of "you"
Al Anon and Al a teen are wonderful support and info gathering programs.
You may want to look into meetings in your area for one or both of them.

You can't change her. You didn't cause it and you can't stop her.
When she is ready to deal with and accept that she has a problem is the only time she will seek the way to stop.
By taking care of you and learning what you can from meetings and reading here, you will be doing the best thing that can be done.

Your not alone, there is support and info all about. You will find the best way to deal with this as you gather support and info from others who have been where you are now.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR... we are so glad that you found us.

Nope your not alone and your story tugged at my heart strings.... Im also the daughter of a Alcoholic Mother.

Im glad that your reaching out now, I did not reach out till I was in my late 20s and a mother myself. I will not go into the details of my childhood... mostly because I would be typing all day, but let just say that the only feelings I could feel were anger (which was really fear) and alot of hate (which was really hurt) I could not for the life of me understand how she could do that to me... I was her daughter after all. At one point my mother almost died due to driving drunk and hitting a tree... she was in intensive care for 4 or 5 months, but even that was not her bottom and she continued to drink.

What I can tell you from my age now of 42 and with a 16 year old daughter.... If I had it to do over I would have gotten help ALOT sooner then I did. Not just counceling, but I recomend group theraphy and that is alot of what Al-anon is like. I wasted alot of years feeling guilty, anger etc ... in the end I discovered that regardless of how she chooses to live her life, she is my mother and I love her. Im glad I did because she died 2 years ago.

The key is to figure out how to live peacefully in a chaos envirement... now that you have moved out you will find this easier, please get the tools/education and support to learn how to love your mom and not live in the chaos.... Trust me it can be done, Im not saying its easy, but there is hope.

Keep coming back ... I look forward to getting to know you and seeing your growth.