From Bad To Really Bad

Old 03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I have a cat, and I always worried sick about him when he was alone with G. G actually loves the cat to death when sober, but he's a big idiot when he's drunk. I used to lock him up when G was drunk so he couldn't find him. I had to leave him here for a couple of days and I was so worried about him! I hope this did cement your leaving. Hugs to you....
Old 03-09-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

First I want to say Welcome to SR....I am glad you found us.
Secondly, I am so sorry to hear what happened to that poor little dog.
Please keep coming back you will find support and love here.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm glad I found y'all too. I have a practical delimma I'm hoping somebody can help me with. I have two cats, one which stays outside (her choice) most of the time and likes to be self sufficient, so I'm not too worried about her. I went by the apartment to pick up my cell phone that I'd left in the rush to get the dog to the vet and luckily he was passed out cold, so I didn't have to speak to him.

I left a big bowl of food for the outside cat but the problem is the inside cat is young and doesn't go out at all. He is just the sweetest and he loved the dog and I gave him a cuddle and left him lots of food and water but he absolutely obviously can't stay there anymore and I feel terrible he's had to be there for a day but there was no way I could take him with me.

I will go get him today but I'm at a loss of what to do with him as I can't keep him with me at the moment - if I have no other choice I'll put him in a boarding place but the cost of that is going to kill me along with everything else and is a last resort. If anybody knows of any solutions in the Los Angeles area I'd be most grateful. It's also kind of urgent because I get sicker and sicker with worry, not knowing what state the exABF is currently in.

Thanks again, you guys are just awesome.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Late stage optimist

I don't live in L.A., but I guess first I'd try to get a relative to take kitty. No relatives in the area? How about pet adoption places? ASPCA has offices there, how about calling them, they would love to help you out.

I am still upset about your dog's misfortune at the hands of your ex-fiance.

You are doing all the right stuff, girl, you will be fine, I know it!