He's drunk, gross...

Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Sunshine, you really are shining girl. It sounds, to me, that your strength is helping both of you get to where you need to be... you reached your bottom and are working your way up, now let him hit his. Be safe, be strong, be well. BIG HUG!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sunshine,
I'm so glad you went to stay at your sisters. You could have had a long rough night. It's good that he was gone this morning when you got there. I wonder how things will go tonight. Are you going to say anything to him about it? Or ignore it?
I wouldn't know what to do, myself.
It is very hard to seperate yourself from him and you are being very strong about it. I'll be thinking of you and your little ones.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ayers, I am NOT going to say a word. I know if I do, him being drunk will be all my fault. I refuse to carry tha tburden. I already know in his mind he was drunk because of what I'm doing, so to him, it's my fault. I'm not going to put myself in tha tposition because it's a no win situation. I cannot make him see the light or the error of his ways. Saying something will be enabling in some way. The second he says out loud how it's my fault, it really becomes my fault, even in my mind. I know my shortcomings, LOL. If he asks why I didn't pick him up or call him back, I'll just say, "I don't want to talk to you when you're drinking." and end it right there.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

by jove I think she's got it...now that's what I'm talking about!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

LOL slenda, I guess I do. I don't give myself enough credit. Of course, between us I do wish I could say, "because a$$hole, you're disgusting when you drink and I'd rather stick a steaming hot fork in my eye then be around you. what's more, you are UGLY when you drink, drooling on yourself, slurring your words, keeping me up all night with stupid chit chat that you won't even remember in the morning is a waste of my time." I'd prefer that but I know that is just creating an argument even though it's probably very accurate.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mythreesons
you reached your bottom and are working your way up, now let him hit his. Be safe, be strong, be well. BIG HUG!
These are wise words. Whenever you feel the urge to "help him," just remember that you already are, whether he realizes it or not.

L
Old 03-08-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine003
LOL slenda, I guess I do. I don't give myself enough credit. Of course, between us I do wish I could say, "because a$$hole, you're disgusting when you drink and I'd rather stick a steaming hot fork in my eye then be around you. what's more, you are UGLY when you drink, drooling on yourself, slurring your words, keeping me up all night with stupid chit chat that you won't even remember in the morning is a waste of my time." I'd prefer that but I know that is just creating an argument even though it's probably very accurate.
I bet all of this feels so good to actually write down doesn't it!???