Seeing Red!

Old 02-27-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Seeing Red!

AH just got home from work to inform me of this "brilliant plan" that he has.

Apparently, he is going to take a cash advance on his credit card to buy a prescription of Xanax (bars the strongest kind) from a co-worker and then give the Xanax to his boss to sell for him!!!! By doing this, he gets the money paid back and 20 "free" Xanax (like he needs anything more). I have a business trip in April and hate to fly so in order to make me "feel good" (yeah right) about this deal, he says, "you can have a couple for your flight." I said, "I think I'll suck it up and go DOPE-FREE thank you!!!!"[/B] Not only has he told me he will never quit drinking by "limiting himself" to a 6 pack (already broken that "promise" BTW), but now is becoming some middle-man drug dealer???????

This is almost tooooo funny. I told him that I didn't care what he did with his money. He would pay the card back out of his checks (I make more $ than him) and I would have NO PART in it. His response? "I didn't think it was a big deal and I won't do it without your blessing."

It's divorce time.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smells like a set up. Why doesn't the co worker sell directly to the "boss". Either someone wants him fired or he has Sucker written all over him. If you need that income I would tell him it's not a great plan to deal drugs at work. Best of luck
Old 02-27-2006, 01:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Excuse me, it's not a great plan to deal drugs ANYWHERE. What he is contemplating is illegal!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a nut. He is asking for trouble and credit card debt he wont pay off.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

What's the interest rate on cash advances... 21%?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Yeah- about 22% Jazz!!! Money aside--- we DON'T even need the money! This is something that my AH views as "a sure thing" and essentially- free dope for him!!!! How stupid. He already HAS a legal prescription of Xanax prescribed to him by his shrink. They are not as strong as these other ones.

Yes it is illegal!!! His boss apparently does not have the money to buy them herself. What a crock this all is!!! The only SUCKER around here is me

I had to leave home and come to work b/c I was SO furious on the inside. He's called me about 4 times since then, "hey baby- whatcha doing baby?".

Can I throw up now?
Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's tape recorder time! Xanax in overdose can kill a person, know that. Report this to the police. get him to talk about it again and tape it. This is very serious!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So, when's your lawyer's appointment?

Mega - I have been amazed at the amount of prescription and OTC drug abuse among alcoholics when I have spoken to my Al-anon friends. I know I could never find any ibuprofen if I had a headache cos R had taken them all. And many spouses have had to hide their legit prescribed pain pills as they seemed to go missing all the time.

Your hubby's thinking is so twisted, it's scary.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wasn't even going to respond to this post because I just don't know what to say. His "plan" is so wrong on so many different levels, I don't even know where to begin. So, instead of railing on him, I will just say this

Mega, do you feel the water getting hotter? Are you gonna jump, or boil?

L
Old 02-27-2006, 02:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow Mega, I'm with Lateeda on this one. I can't believe that he even conceives that this is a normal idea? That his boundaries between what is "right" and what is "wrong" are so blurred.

Please take care of YOURSELF! Please let 'this' be a turning point for you. Be Safe.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You never know who he might decide to knock off with the Xanax. This pill comes in a .25mg or a .50mg. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference without comparing the two doses. Even two of the .50mgs mixed with a cocktail or two could cause cardiac or resp arrest. Obviously, it won't take much to discover this in the blood. Xanax is a small white pill that could easily be crushed and you wouldn't know it was in a drink or food. Your husbands thinking is evil and warped. You could easily be facing murder or attempted murder. As an RN, please understand this is a serious medication. This says nothing of the exagerated reaction a person might have if that person were taking other medications.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow, mallow, I never even thought of that! All I was getting at was accepting unacceptable behavior. Yet, again.

L
Old 02-27-2006, 03:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Frontal lobe damage.......................you just can not make up the stuff an active addict can come up with.......oh, and I am sure you are the "stupid one w/out a clue" to not see this as a "brillant plan"

Prayers and a hug sent to you!
Old 02-27-2006, 03:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

He is going to do what he is going to do. How can you protect yourself? You will be liable for the credit card debts etc too. If you don't pay them, your credit report suffers. If you are planning a divorce, then you will need to have your financial house in order.
Who knows what is really going to happen to the pills? You can turn him in or not.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Eek.
Im not likin the sound of this.
Borrow money at 21% interest to
front the funds on a drug deal?

Hmm. Yeah, not a brilliant plan.
My question is, why did he even tell you about this?
I know he said he wouldnt do it if you didnt feel right about it,
but since when has that stopped him?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Gotta be quick- AH is in the shower. Thank you all. I handle all of our finances- from paying all the bills to depositing all the checks, etc. That is why he told me. He knew that he could not get away with it otherwise. He would've simply withdrawn the money out of our bank account if he thought I would have conceded to this.

He knows that most of the money that is in their is money I earned and therefore, would not even think to suggest it. We don't have money to just "throw away" on "drug deals" anyway!!! Good God-- cannot believe this BS.

He just got back from the gym and is very sniffy. Been thinking now- since his workout partner has had a known drug problem with speed, wonder if my AH has been secretly doing this too? Now I am very suspicious that there is a lot going on with him that I probably don't know about. I would hate to think I've been that blind!! Talk about friggin' detachment huh???????

I found a "free consultation" attorney and will go see him this week. As soon as I get $ in order and a place to live, I'm out of here. I don't think my husband will murder me with the Xanax, but thank you for the concern. I think he's looking for any way to get high now that he has "cut back on drinking for the 'sake of our marriage.'" I'll be back to post later.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

this is your latest "aha" moment -- a moment of clarity. take the ball and run with it. i know you have been posting awhile and agonizing over this -- this is your wake-up call. do not let yourself be lulled into making excuses or rationalizing this. it's illegal. it's stupid. it's pathetic. how strange it is that others can see thru the bs so easily (not that you can't right now). my husband had me sign a power of attorney 4 yrs ago to cash out equity from our house to pay debts for a failed business -- it sickened me then and now -- but look who's still here -- hanging around to see what happens now that he's one month sober. look out for yourself and don't look back. look at it this way, things can only get worse, and it's already pretty bad... or this way, if you're a sick codie like me, no one would ever "fault" you when you throw this down at thanksgiving...
Old 02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Thank you for all of your posts. This is quite a wake up call. If this is how he is at his "best" behavior, what the Hell happened at his worst was I was not around (working nights) and not seriously speaking of divorce????? It was only about a month or so ago when he supposedly had his "wake up" call. No, there is NO rationalizing this one away. If I had the money and resources intact, I would leave TOMORROW. I refuse to continue to live in a pool full of lies and deceit. Who knows what is ticking around in that brain of his?

I actually told mallowcup earlier today that "nothing surprises me anymore." I must admit that I was surprised that his mind could even conceive of working on this level at this point in his life/our marriage. Just goes to show you how THE HIGH WILL ALWAYS COME FIRST PERIOD.