I bought a treadmill:)

Old 02-17-2006, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I bought a treadmill:)

I bought a treadmill, I was so excited, the night before last while my son was at hockey I went to Sears and bought one.

I couldnt afford a real fancy one, but I bought one that would work well for me, I only have a 90 day warranty on mine, that makes me a little nervous. I spent 423.00 on mine and they had them up to 2000.00 there.

I could not believe that they wanted 179.00 dollars on the 3 year service agreement, I declined I couldnt afford that. I was willing to spend up to 700.00 dollars on a machine not on a warranty, but the one that cost that much had things on it, that I really didnt think were that important for me so I opted for the cheaper one. I hope that I dont regret it.

I am still not smoking and I am proud of that and now I am going to start working out on my new treadmill, I am going to take it very slow, because I am so out of shape, but these are things that I am doing for myself, for me and it feels good.

I also have started reading again, I have always love to read and this last six months I have been reading alot more it is fun to read, and gives me time by myself.

I recently read "A Million Little Pieces" from James Frey, I thought that book was overrated, but it kept my interest for some reason. I just checked out "My Friend Leonard," from the library, it is the sequel to "A Million Little Pieces," and I like "My Friend Leonard," alot better, JMO

But my point is that I am doing things for myself, and doing things that I like and enjoy.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Emily,
Its great to hear you doing things
for yourself. Excellent job on not smoking,
I have not been able to do that yet!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you....
I just bought mine Monday. I love it! If it's raining I can still get exercise.
I used to work out at the gym 5-6 days a week. Somehow after I got sucked
into the insanity I lost all interest in the one thing I used to love. Slowly I am
working my way back to a healthy lifestyle I once enjoyed. I know others thought
it wasn't a wise investment but I say if it makes you feel better about yourself
how can that be wrong......
Old 02-17-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! I would love to get one. My place is so tiny I'd have no where to put it with all the baby stuff though. lol I know myself, if I got one of those folding ones, it would stay folded. Wow on the smoking too. I need to know your secret. Hopefully by summer I can kick it.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrads to you sweetie.

Yeppp Take care of you and keep the focus where it belongs.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What inspired me to quit smoking, is news I heard about my first cousin, he is in his 50's and he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He had to be operated on, he has a very hard time breathing and walking around, he can no longer work. He is in just bad shape all around. When I heard that news, I put them down the very next day.

I understand addiction a little bit more Wow!!