He's on his way to NY

Old 02-16-2006, 02:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Goofball.... sharing your experience, strength and hope is exactally what others need... you let them know they are not alone in their situations.

I have NO doubt that what you have and are going through not only helped others... but will help the ones to come too.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

sharing your feelings - good, bad, happy or sad help others in ways you cannot know patty. keep posting - it helps you AND us!

big hugs!
Old 02-16-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cynay
Goofball....
Is that what that little dancing sig thing is?

Seriously, though, you are helping way more than you know. Trust me, I am a former lurker who has read post after post for months without ever responding. I have no doubt that there is someone out there reading this thread, and going through the same or similar situation, and finding comfort in knowing they are not alone.

You are going to be stronger for this, I have no doubt
Old 02-16-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oppps ... I did not mean it in a bad way. Sorry
Old 02-16-2006, 03:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Nor did I. Just trying to inject a little humor in my own weird way........
Old 02-16-2006, 03:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Patty, don't worry so much. You're great and it's lovely having you on SR. I have a long memory for all the support you've given me.

You haven't behaved badly so stop thinking of youself so badly. It really is that simple.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Patty -

He showed back up. You still have feelings for him. You allowed yourself to hope that maybe this time would be different. You let your guard down. Your call this morning to him was nothing but panic. You were experiencing a loss of hope. You still wanted to try and make things the way you hoped they could be. That is soooooooo human. I know just how bad you feel right now but maybe it was necessary for you to really put an end to this not only in your head but in your heart. This time will take a lot less time to recover from. Him being so far away is a good thing. Let it all out and then just start putting one foot in front of the other. He did you a huge favor by leaving the way he did. Think of all the pain that you and your boys have been saved from. I have absolutely no doubt that you will come out of this even stronger. Take care of yourself.

Hugs, Jo
Old 02-16-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Screw him (am I allowed to say that on here) you are a kind, loving woman and deserve to be treated with love, kindness and respect. I hope you feel good about all the strong decisions you made through this whole ordeal and don't dwell on one telephone call which you made out of love and hope. Your future is your own and from right now on, it can only get better. Big hug to you and kudos for standing the ground you stood.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

(((Patty))) I am sorry you are feeling so upset. I understand.

You did the best you could, and a very good job at that. Who knows what will happen in the future (I 'm sorry; I hate it when people say that to me some days, but it IS true). He knows what he needs to do to be with you. His son is in NY; your sons will not be with you if he is back involved with you, the way he is now. Maybe one of these days he actually WILL go to the VA and get sober and leave you out of all that confussion and THEN you will be able to see by his actions if anything has changed. Your boys will,too. ????????

Glad you have those boys for support...they sound wonderful and certainly have your best interest in mind. That is a blessing. This way you will not be forced to "choose"....the decsion has been made for you. Thank God for that.

I will keep you in my prayers.....it is all so very difficult, I know. I am sorry you are going through this.

p.s. Your posts about this have been very helpful to me...I appreciate that you did post this. Please keep it up. I hope it helps you; it surely helps me!
Old 02-16-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Patty.....I'm so sorry. I've kinda been wrapped up in my own drama I haven't been following these threads too closely. But I wanted to let you know that I understand. I'm here if you need me.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

((patty))

Please don't beat yourself up. You did what was right for you and from where I am your recovery looks pretty damn good. Everything thing, big and small, happens for a reason. Take care of yourself.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey ((((Patty)))

We all know including you that you are going to be better off without the dirt ball. I am sorry you hurt. I know this pain too. I know you will feel better soon once the trap wounds heal. Take very good care of you. I am praying for you please pray for me too...
Old 02-16-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Well Patty, you actually asked him to do something for you! You wanted him to stay and work on it...

You did not quit your job, pawn your belongings and move to where he was going. You did not beg him to take you so you could look after him.

Still progress in my book!