Don't Know If Anyone Is Going To Understand This Or Not

Old 02-15-2006, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't know if I have that on my Outlook at work which is where he e-mails me but I'll check it out! Thanks!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So much good has been said already, I just want to agree that no you are not selfish and yeah whatever the other guy's been told is skewed. And definitely the decision is yours, and if you leave the relationship, it's not about hurting him or keeping him from whatever - it's about being in touch with what you want and need and taking care of you. Whatever you decide. You and that good head on your shoulders, hang in there!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Kellye...how to block his emails on OE...

Got any old emails from him? If so, click on it, than click on "Message", click on "Create Rule from Message". It will automatically add his name and email address. #2 is where you choose what you want done with any future emails. Than okay. You can also block him which is in the same area under "Message". You won't see anything from him come through.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:40 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Woo-hoo, let it all out Kellye, such great therapy to vent!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sorry to drag up this original post but I have an update and felt it best to put it here.

I was at a meeting tonight and a friend of mine told me that my ex-abf had called him Saturday acting like he was fine and any problems that were going on were mine and not his. He asked this friend if he could get him a job as a counselor. The friend told him he must be out of his mind, that he had no sobriety and had just tried to kill himself, what in the world was he thinking wanting to counsel people? Ex-abf blew off the suicide attempt and said he was just upset over me. He made the comment that he guessed it was time that he come over to my home group and straighten things out with me. Now, what the HELL does that mean? There is nothing to straighten out I just want to be left alone and the idea of sitting in a meeting with him there makes me sick to my stomach yet I will not get up and leave because it is my home group and I have no right to tell him to leave because you don't do that in AA.

So, my question is this. I KNOW what happened and I am powerless over the fact that he is in obvious denial and trying to blame me. How do I let go of it and quit thinking about it? He may never gather the cajones to come to a meeting and I'm making myself sick with the scenarios. How do I let it go without picking it right back up?

I could use any experiences you have with how you let something go that anyone would care to share.

Thanks!
Kellye
Old 02-28-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Kelly,-- I read through your posting and I have got to tell you- WOW- you are really a strong person. It doesn't sound as if you’re giving YOURSELF enough credit. You have been through more in the last couple months than most people go through in an entire life time and you have stayed your course of sobriety & positive life choices. You are a wonderful individual who must have incredible inner strength. Don’t sell your self short.-You are moving on; which over time, will allow you to get over all of this. If they keep harassing you, make no mistake this is harassment, change your contact info. IE email, phone then if they continue to bother you. Gets an order prohibiting harassment I would hope it wouldn’t come to that, but don’t let this question all the positive accomplishments you have made in your life. Look at EX & his Sponsor for who they are....selfish & not worth your energy.
Keep being the great person it is obvious your are. All the Best...Always