whats wrong with me???

Old 01-14-2003, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

whats wrong with me???

Is it just not time yet for me to meet anyone right now?
I have met an extremly nice man. No drinking or using at all. Very sweet and compassionate person. I mean extremly sweet. He wants to take me out this weekend. Dinner and a movie. I should be excited but in the back of my head I'm thinking, gosh hes tooo nice. It would be awkward being with someone who is nice and respectful. Why am I thinking that way????

Then I think about him coming to pick me up, being in my space. Part of me wants to start seeing someone again then part of me says ewww I dont want someone that close to me right now. Crazy huh?

Hugs to you all! Thanks for the ears.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Oh I know how that feels bonbon.

I never did go out again, lol.

You set the boundaries and be friends first. You don't have to get closer then you want too. If he crowds you tell him to take a hike. Listen to his first conversations. They always give themselves away. If he says something negative about himself. BELIEVE IT. Believe the positive things too.

You are not talking about mariage here. It's just a date.

Hugs,
MG

Old 01-15-2003, 02:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

****{Bonbon}}}

Try to enjoy yourself. I can only imagine the tormoil of starting to date again but I think you deserve someone nice in your life. Take is slow and if you don't like him, give him the boot; like MG said its not marriage, its a date

Hope you have a good time.

Take care.
Many hugs.
Love,
Debbie
Old 01-15-2003, 06:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

bonbon,
i hope this doesn't mean you don't think you deserve someone nice. you sound scared or nervous. give it a whirl if it seems like a healthy thing to do. you don't owe him anything. shall i mention feel free to take all your baggage with you. i couldn't leave the house without mine, especially with a person that wants to share my company.
good luck girl, give yourself a break and try it for all of us wallflowers.
hugs from sugar
Old 01-15-2003, 06:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Bonbon

Do what feels comfortable. If you want to go to dinner and a movie...period...tell him and talk to him about how you feel and just be honest.

If you're not comfortable being honest and relaxed with him, then don't go.

Call me old fashioned, but right now I would keep the "date" to just dinner and a movie. Decide if you can become friends with this man before you jump into a "relationship".

If you do decide to go, you KNOW we'll all be right there with you peeking from behind the plant in the restaurant. MG will have on a pretty hat and I'm the gal with the halo.