Emtional

Old 02-03-2006, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Angry Emtional

Tonight I watched a movie with some of my friends. I cried throughout the whole movie. Once I started crying there was no stopping it. The movie brough so much of what I true in my life. This little girl had cancer and was dying. My grandpa passed away four years ago and Sunday would of been his birthday. Second thing a girl told her dad how he had hurt her. I did not know I had so much anger toward my dad still that I have not dealt with yet. Third their was an alcoholic in the movie that got me too. Why so emtional? I know my dad did the best he could, but I am still so hurt on the inside for him not being there for me. Hurt from all the things he said he would be there for me and never came. My dad has been sober 11 months now and I still feel this pain so much even though my dad's and my relationship has improved greatly in the last year or so. So much pain in my heart right now.

Shana
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's good to let it out. Whether that is crying about a movie, writing in a journal, or posting here. Anger is how we feel, it is not who we are. Letting it out is the first step in letting it go. I am not an expert in this because I still have a lot of anger, too. But I wanted you to know that someone is here and listening.

Welcome to SR. There are many people here who are much wiser than I, and I'm sure they will have wise words to say. It's late (even here on the west coast), but thanks for stopping in and best wishes to you.

L
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

:Valblue: Oh ((((SHANA)))

It's good to get it out. I am glad your relationship with your dad has improved.

A couple years ago when I was on my first round with working the steps I realized I was still mad at my dad. At the time he had been dead for over 20 years. I wrote him a letter and went to his grave(the first time I had been back since his burial) and read it to him and cried over his death for the first time. My dad drank until his last days and died at the ripe old age of 48....So much water and tears over the bridge. It took me 20 years to grieve his loss. You know what underneath all that grief and anger is just love.

I am glad it is not taking you 20 years and although it is painful for you I am sure, still you are working thru it and that is great!!. I am so glad your dad is sober too. Take care my young one.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Shana

I have the same problem. I have never in all my life been able to cry, and never have, until now ! I am 2 1/2 years sober, and cannot watch movies without bawling ! I cry if its sad , I cry if its happy, a hopeless case . it is very good to cry at last tho

HUGX
Lee

ps i think my friends draw straws to see who is going to go tothe movies with me LOL
Old 02-03-2006, 11:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yup...
gotta let it out...
or it's just going to keep bubbling up...

Just give it time... and be open to healing...

Your doing really great Shana..
Old 02-04-2006, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks everyone. I know crying is good I just don't like doing it that is all. Writing a letter about what I want to say to my dad then burning is a good idea. I know it will take time to heal all the way and I am healing that is all that matters. Progress not Perfection.

Love,
Shana