Grumpy today..

Old 02-01-2006, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grumpy today..

Haven't been online much since I don't have internet at home and I'm tired of the slow network at the Library..

I am ready to go back to work..It's hard being patient at the moment..My contracting company might have something I am actually interested in but who knows..

I've been looking at FTE jobs as well but nothing is really exciting me..Apparently someone asked my boyfriend if I would like a job at the bank where we met..I'd be wellsuited for the job (It's a project manager position in technologies).

since I just got out of that crazy department - I'm not so anxious to go back to that particular area..

AND..L and I are waiting to see which job he is going to accept..Either a new position in the bank (which is the same area that expressed interest in me) or outside..

I don't want us to work in the same area..big conflict of interest..

Trying not to persuade him one way or another on the 2 jobs but he keeps asking my opinion..I can only mirror back to him what I hear him saying (although my opinion keeps creeping in..)

Like the rest of us codies, he keeps asking everyone's opinion and allows himself to be swayed..I'm up front about my motives and have told him so..

He's not listening to his inner voice..not much I can do but listen and tell him to do a pro/con list again..

Just hard to stay detached..he's not happy where he is at workwhise and while I try to remain supportive, I'm not happy not working so it's kind of hard..

Frankly I'm irritable..

Had a good ride this morning but just feeling mixed up..Not motivated to work on my own stuff..like my coaching or just my life in general..

think I'd like just one day where I didn't have to think about anything..

Just venting..

Thanks people!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vent away... everyone needs to.

Not like I have never been in that funk... noppers... not me!
Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is a grey grey day here...would put anyone in a slump.....
Venting is good.......
Old 02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a balancing act that sounds like! Don't want to influence him...don't want to lose a possible job...knowing it might not be exactly what you want. It sounds like you are really encouraging him to do his thing for his reasons though. That's cool. Although sometimes it's hard to see it before it happens, I really do think things have a way of working out for a reason. I know it must be hard not working, but I know things will come around soon. I just know it.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes we think we will enjoy not working, but I think work is good for most of us. Just give it some time, things will all work out I'm sure. Give yourself a day where you don't worry about a thing. That would be good for you.