Positive things do happen.....

Old 01-19-2006, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive things do happen.....

Well, to be honest I have avoided posting lately because to me it seems as if the spirit of sharing strength hope and experience has been lacking lately. To the point that reading here has been depressing for me.

I tried posting some upbeat threads, to which they died a horrible death in the misery that alcoholism brings to peoples lives. And I see how it happened... but truly, only the strength of this membership helps to keep the experience and hope alive.

So one more post on positive thinking.

Today I learned that I am the sum of all my experiences, and also the strength of my convictions... added with the hope my choices are brighter and better each and every day. And if I mess up today, the sun will still rise tomorrow, the earth will still rotate around the sun, and... I am still loved by my Higher Power just for exactly who I am at this moment.

Alanon came into my life when all around me seemed bleak, hopeless and dark. I read a few threads here by people who seemed to have a sense of sunshine and love of self that I lacked... and oh how I craved it. I wish all of you today a bright and beautiful day. May God hold you tight in his grasp and allow each of you to enjoy the God given gifts and blessings that he bestowed only to you.

take care,
quietsins
Old 01-19-2006, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lovely post qs - yes reading some of the posts does get depressing at times for me also - but is also a reminder of where i was. thank you for sharing your positive post - reading your posts gives me a sense of calm.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

reading your posts gives me a sense of calm.
As does your name. We've had quite a few positive posts here lately, and that's encouraging.

Like Christy said, reading the painful posts helps to remind me where I was when I first arrived here and that I need to continue working my program every day.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

quietsins... I was talking to my sponsor tonight about this site. I told her that I can see how far I've come in my recovery by looking at the posts from new folks.

Some days are harder in here than others. It is difficult to see someone come in crying for help, get tons of responses and then spend the next five posts explaining exactly why he or she cannot do any of the things that work for others.

I have to remember that I got to Alanon exactly when I was supposed to...when I had enough pain to be willing to work the program. And if I really am working my program, I can let others have the opportunities to grow and learn as I have.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi QS what a lovely post ! I wish that you will always feel peace and love in your heart

HUGX
Lee
Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cool post! and on that note I'm going to join the happy post brigade!
Old 01-20-2006, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Lovely!!! Thanks for sharing the sunshine-- Things can look so bleak before the dawn- I am waiting for the sunrise here and a call if my father made it through the night. I love how u share the word and hope that a faith in God or "HP" can bring.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your lovely post....

I for one have a masive amount to be thankful for and I needed this post to remind me of that.

Thank you!