No job in sight.........

Old 01-13-2006, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No job in sight.........

Hubby needs a job(according to me). He would like a job if it fits into his idea of a decent job, pays better than minimum wage, driving. We have an argument about him not working so he asks me to pull some job listings from the paper. I give him the listings and he agrees to apply to one. He goes to the place, has to wait 1 hour to talk to someone, then he has to fill out a computer application. He hates the computer and doesn't know how to operate one. He spends 2 hours trying to fill out the application, gets hung up several times and decides to just walk out. He calls me frustrated, he doesn't want me to hassel him about not working, I can just decide if I want him to leave, if it would be better if he left. I tell him that it would be better if he were working. Luckily we don't go on with this argument for long.

Fooey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I am so frustrated with this situation. Yes, he cleans the house, yes he cooks dinner, yes he does the food shopping, walks the dog, runs errends, all kinds of things. Yes, I appreciate all this. But we need another income. Or I need to find ways to cut way back. I know you all have heard this frmo me a million times before. I'm sorry, I just can't seem to get this worked out. I can't come to terms with it.

And yes he is still drinking, every day, several beers. I wish I knew what to do. Instead I keep on, keeping on, on and on and on.................
Old 01-13-2006, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dax

Well if you really want to get rid of him and get some income- there are lots of constructuon type jobs in Miss and La if he could do that type work. What about a computer course to give him more confidence? dax
Old 01-13-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rose, yes, we wish we had all the answers. Is there anyone there that he can call for help when filling out the application? He really needs to sit down and do these. It's hard to live on one income.