I don't know what to do for him

Old 01-13-2006, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know what to do for him

My husband has started going through withdrawals from zanaplex. He is shaking like crazy, freezing and sweating, throwing up. I don't know what to do, how to help. Does anyone know. The process? Suggestions? anything..

This has been awhile coming, I have been trying to talk to him, the arguments have been yucky.. He finally has accepted it, now that he doesn't have anymore, and no way to get a perscription. I woke up this morning to find he had been up through the night, sick and shaking.

Any help is appreciated.
thank you
pam
Old 01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take him to the hospital/doctor? I don't know what coming off of zanaplex entails, but if it's like most drugs, he should be under the supervision of a doctor/hospital.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agree with Judy....

That would be way out of my league. You could call a hotline or something and ask the detailed questions but I dont know what that drug is either.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would take him to the ER or better yet, call 911 and have him taken in. Withdrawing from drugs and or alcohol can be very dangerous on your own and people die doing so. Don't try to handle this yourself. Maybe in the hospital, he can get some referrals as to where to get help after he detoxes.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree-GO TO A HOSPITAL!
BY the way, What is ZANAPLEX anyways? Maybe if I knew what type of med it is and what it's used for, I could be more helpful.
I hope everything works out.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Zanaplex is a muscle relaxer that seems to sometimes be prescribed for sleep. Under the circumstances I agree totally with the others, get him to the E.R. or call for an ambulance to take him.

JMHO

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Welcome to Sr! Grateful, Zanaplex can be used for many health problems. It can help female arousal issues, muscle tensions, other pain issues. It is in the benziprine family. Most people would remember Flexaril, it is now over the counter too. It is very similar to those meds. I aggree with everyone, Myhusbandswife, call someone Now, the tremors are nothing to play with. Let us know how he makes out. I for 1 am concerned!!! Take Care,