SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Are you wondering when the pain stops? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/82889-you-wondering-when-pain-stops.html)

nytepassion 01-13-2006 10:05 AM

Are you wondering when the pain stops?

The Pain Stops: when you stop looking at the person you love as the person you love, and you begin to see them, not as a partner, a lover, or a best friend, but as a human being with the strengths and weaknesses and even the core of a child.

The Pain Stops: when you begin to accept that what you would do in a circumstance is not what they would do, and that no matter how much you try, they have to learn their own lessons, and they have to touch the stove when it's hot, just as you did, to learn that it is much better when it is cold.

The Pain Stops: when your longing for them gets slowly replaced by a desire to get away, when making love to them no longer makes you feel cherished, when you find yourself tired of waiting for the moments where the good will truly outweigh the bad, and when at the end of the day you can't count on their arms for comfort.

The Pain Stops: when you start to look inward and decide whether their presence is a gift or a curse, and whether when you need them, they cause more heartache than bliss.

The Pain Stops: when you realize that you deserve more than they offer and stop blaming them for being less than you wish. When the smile of a stranger seems more inviting and kind, and you remember what it's like to feel beautiful, and you remember how long it has been since your lover whispered something in your ear that only the two of you would know.

The Pain Stops: when you forgive them for their faults and forgive yourself for staying so long. When you know that you tried harder than you ever tried before, and you know in your heart that love should not be so much work.

The Pain Stops: when you start to look in the mirror and like who you see, and know that leaving them or losing them is no reflection of your beauty or your worth.

The Pain Stops: when the promise of a new tomorrow is just enough to start replacing the emptiness in your heart, and you start dreaming again of who you used to be and who you will become.

The Pain Stops: when you say goodbye to what never really was, and accept that somewhere in the fog you may or may not have been loved back. And you promise yourself never again to lay in arms that don't know how to cherish the kindness in your heart.

The Pain Stops: When you are ready.

softasylum 01-13-2006 10:40 AM

What a beautiful, powerful post-hurts and soothes simultaneously-wow-thank you so much nytepassion xoxo

Anguished 01-13-2006 10:46 AM

Nytepassion,

Your post is very eye-opening to me... So truthful... I feel like I can affirm all of it... Excellent post...

Thanks for sharing...

Anguished

guyinNC 01-13-2006 11:00 AM

Beautiful

You are a poet.

unstablelady 01-13-2006 11:06 AM

I'm guessing that came straight from the heart ? ... Beautiful xxx

Sharon

TexasGirl 01-13-2006 11:38 AM

Nyte, I always enjoy each of your posts. They give me such an uplifting feeling of hope. Thanks.

cwohio 01-13-2006 11:41 AM

lovely - it does come from the heart!

pmaslan 01-13-2006 12:03 PM

I hope you don't mind that I printed this....
I think it will be a good reminder for me
Thanks for posting this today.....

sarahlynnl 01-13-2006 02:09 PM

Lovely post and something that I so needed to read today. When I get a printer again it will be one of the first things that I print out.

Thanks!

equus 01-13-2006 02:25 PM

The Pain Stops: when your longing for them gets slowly replaced by a desire to get away, when making love to them no longer makes you feel cherished, when you find yourself tired of waiting for the moments where the good will truly outweigh the bad, and when at the end of the day you can't count on their arms for comfort.
Uhmmmm.... I get where your coming from and many times this may be true... but - you know NOT always.

My husband, my partner, is ALSO a human being, individual and free. As am I.

sunshinebluesky 01-13-2006 03:12 PM

hit it right on for me. a definate print out i need to do!! thanks and hugs.

reader 01-14-2006 06:11 AM

Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom!!!! Inspiring......

Numb 01-14-2006 07:58 AM

I printed this too, it was what I needed, I am in pain and this is great.

Thanks,
Kris

TexasGirl 06-29-2006 03:14 PM

Hey all -- I wanted to bump this post. It was one of my favorites I printed to keep, and when I found it in my folder the other day, I wanted everyone to be able to read it now too.

robina 06-29-2006 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by nytepassion
The Pain Stops: when you begin to accept that what you would do in a circumstance is not what they would do, and that no matter how much you try, they have to learn their own lessons, and they have to touch the stove when it's hot, just as you did, to learn that it is much better when it is cold. The Pain Stops: When you are ready.

I like that part a lot

fartheralong 06-29-2006 06:44 PM

I love this. I hope you don' tmind that I'm saving it and printing it. :) Wow.

FA

Aquiana 06-29-2006 08:52 PM

Wow, that was awesome!

StandingStrong 06-29-2006 09:21 PM

Alot of great ones there!!!!

thanks!

Janitw 06-30-2006 01:32 PM

On this weekend being the 1year anniversary of my husbands leaving us ... this really his home with me in a way that nothing else has all year long. It makes me cry for what was and also for what will be. I'm just so tired of all of it and I now want to just move on and not care what he's done to the kids and I. Thank You so much - I needed this very much. XOXOXOXO

Janet