How did you decide on your screen name here?

Old 01-07-2006, 07:18 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Paused

I apologize for those who already know this. It's been awhile, I'm starting to forget the fine details. Let me think...

I was 2 days sober (just coming off of relapse #1) and had been reading here for 2 days before I registered and posted for the first time. I was trying to live one day at a time, it was today. I needed to be inspired to quit drinking and find sobriety. Muses were in charge of inspiring mortals so...I became 2dayzmuse. Oh and I love to be amused. I threw in the z part trying to be creative. I saw others doing that sort of thing so I followed suit.

I been thinking of becoming just muse. I'm not sure now. The 2dayz does have significant meaning to me, but it takes longer to type. Oh well...
Old 01-08-2006, 03:27 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I didn't know any of these stories and I find them very interesting.

It's where I live today so this is a great indoor activity!

Old 01-08-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It was easy. The very best moments of riding (few and far between) it feels as though there's no end to me or start to the horse. The horses motion, thinking and heart get so inside you and yours inside their's.

When I think of horses it's sounds, feelings, and motion not a picture inside my head - Equus, Horse. I've loved and admired so many, especially those with big, courageous hearts, I suppose I aspire to that sentiment.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Sophie was my much-loved cat's name, and my alter-ego - what I'd like to be - spirited, independant. self-reliant and compassionate too. Not afraid to 'speak' her mind.
The year you can figure out!
Sophia
x
Old 01-08-2006, 01:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Mine's pretty self-explanatory - although she ain't struggling as much these days...
Old 01-08-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Mine is simple...Maggie is my dog's name...the one I can always count on...she is my best friend...always happy to see me...and the year I was born. Dog's can be a lady's best friend too!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:34 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I've always been a strong, independent woman. A no-nonsense type of gal who speaks honestly and directly (but hopefully with compassion) and prides herself in not allowing others to walk all over me. A woman who puts her needs above those of others, without exception. Well, make that one exception--my boyfriend of nearly 24 years.

As Richard's alcoholism progressed and he became more devoted to his bottle than me, I lost sight of my own needs and began to focus on saving him. The more I focused on saving him, however, the weaker and more dependent I became. I felt like I'd turned into a doormat and alcoholism was wiping it's grime all over me.

So I chose a name that reflected my goal at the time--I wanted to become a FormerDoormat.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
anyone who ever had a dream

Cool thread.

I chose mine because of the song "Old Age," written by Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love. It's this really depressing song about an old woman who's seen a hard life and lives all alone & afraid of mirrors that show how ugly & bitter she is. It reminds me of everything I never want to be. The line that I get my name from goes like this: "She seems to me to know/ All that glitters is sour." Not too much fun, eh? I think it's the singularly most depressing song in the world. There's something to be said for that.

Keep in mind I haven't heard that song in many years now.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:45 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Old 01-09-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Well, shortly after I had created my FIRST screen name, my SO looked in the history of my computer and found this site, looked in it, saw my screen name (which he would have KNOWN was me) and read all my posts! So I had to contact the people who run this site and have all my stuff erased and start over with a new one! Obviously I just looked around the room till I saw something (my cup of water) and the rest is history! Funny thing though, a couple months later someone on this site PMed me and asked if I was still using my old screen name. I told them no, and they said they saw it logged in one day! The sneaky little *#%*!!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yeah! Consequently (sp) now I cannot get on this site at home, unless I use one of my kids computers. (they know all about it) I only feel safe to get on here when I'm at work! And NOW we have to share a computer cause mine died!!!!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
dax

Jadzia Dax-one of my favorite Star Trek characters[Deep Space 9] that doesn't take any crap from anyone. dax
Old 01-09-2006, 04:42 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I am originally a Texas girl to. "Kitchu" is cat in Ukrainian and I am coo coo for kities.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:01 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Old 01-30-2006, 03:25 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

This is my first post on this site. I always used the same name everywhere so I could remember it. Unfortunately my H and children would be able to find it, cause they know this. So, without much thought to cutesy creativity, and being in a "victim" mood, I picked hittwice, as both my father, and apparently my husband are sharing the same disease, therefore I feel like I was hit twice.

Question How do I start a new thread. I finally got my H to a family counselor five years ago, who said he did some "tests" on my husband, and through those "tests" (psychological), he determined he was NOT an alcoholic, just using alcohol to act out. This totally blew my mind, as all evidence (behavior, won't let supply run out, carrying it with him, binging etc)is that he IS totally an alcoholic, (probably way before I got alarmed at these "textbook" similariaties to my Dad's behavior) though husband is not a violent, or sloppy one. Functioning binge drinker in my opinion. Meaning he did go to work but is recently retired, and functioning in that He isn't obvious to anyone but me, functioning as in not rational but not passed out. Ok getting away from purpose of this thread, but where to go, if you want to know what does "alcoholic mean"? Why would a professional make such a mistake. Thanks
Old 01-30-2006, 03:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

To start a new thread: Go to the main forum index (Friends and families of alcoholics if you wish to post it here) Then on the top left see the prompt that says "Start New Thread" and click it. That will get you to the screen to start your own.

Welcome to SR! We're glad you're here!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

I have three beautiful sons who make my world a better place! Albeit busy, busy, busy. Did I mention I was busy? And my exuberant two year old has just thrown himself on the floor below me temper tantruming out over not being able to have Reese's peanut butter cups for breakfast! Guess my computer time is over.

Breakfast anyone? :Valolate:
Old 01-30-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

The day I finally got the courage to register and post on this site (after lurking for months) I had the song "Brown-Eyed Girl" stuck in my head.

Sha la la la la la la la la la lateedah.......................
Old 01-30-2006, 04:54 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I live in the Rockies here in Colorado and like to Cowboy around!, bad part about the user name is my wife will figure it out.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I got mine from a song.

Sara

Wait a minute baby...
Stay with me awhile
Said you’d give me light
But you never told be about the fire

Drowning in the sea of love
Where everyone would love to drown
And now it’s gone
It doesn’t matter anymore