How did you decide on your screen name here?

Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Okay, my apologies to those of you who have heard this before.
Y'all just skip onto another thread now.
Anyway...
'Twas the night I first Googled "Alanon Message Boards" and I found Sober Recovery.
I tried to register with my real name.
Taken.
Then a combo of my real name with numbers.
Taken.
So I said to my Guardian Angel (who I refer to as "Gabe")...
"Okay big guy, I'll try your name and see if it works."
It did.
I think it was meant to be, since he's the one who led me here.
And a big part of me loves the fact that there are folks here who know my real name and still refer to me as "Gabe" because it's how they came to know me.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

It was easy, my 1st name is Christian.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe
And a big part of me loves the fact that there are folks here who know my real name and still refer to me as "Gabe" because it's how they came to know me.
I always think of you as Gabe. Except when I remember that time when I almost outed you unexpectedly.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by Beautiful
Fourplay. Now, I expected something like that from you.
FOURplay, not fore play... sheesh! It's the name of a band. click here for a sample!

turn up the volume
Old 01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for the link. It DOESN'T work. I have satellite.

I'm wearing the sign - GULLIBLE.

You're a sneaky one there, Jazz.......

Okay, it DOESN'T work when I have the volume turned to zero!

Now it works. Must be my Karma is checking in tonight. *blush*
Old 01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
On a tear

Got here the first time because I discovered my sister was a meth addict... then I left for a while. A few months later, I disocvered my daughter was also a meth addict.... and I stayed "full-force".

But the screen name reflects "why" I came here.... and I sure notice a lot of Alanon qualifiers in the screen names in the anon forums.... somebody'sgal ... hiswife ....herspouse ... myson... those sorts of things, so I think I am not the only anon who comes in focused on someone other than myself.

I just read something in the Forum (alanon magazine) regarding maintaining anonymity with screen names and faces. My understanding is that if I identify myself as Alanon, I should not use my real full name or a full face picture. I don't think my avatar counts, as it is only a charicature of me.... but I might just change it again anyway - just so no one coming in feels there is any chance their anonymity might be broken - or any expectation that there is a hint of peer pressure to do so.

PS - One of the funny things I discovered about my screen name is that the 'abbreviation' of it also fits me - to a "T".
Old 01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

When I was in Corporate America, the men who worked for me started calling me "Dolly Doorknockers"...you can probably figure out why...the Dolly stuck...so,I have become Dolly Do aka Madam Dolly...

Sign me,

Knockers Up,

Dolly
Old 01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Truth Seeker

I can up with mine because 1) i loved LOTR!!! "My precious" was one thing and 2) since my dad always has to put me down in some form I decided on preciouz because I am not worthless but preciouz because and i one of a kind. Kinda cheesy, but i like it.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

The Night I found this forum I was hurting, real bad. My AH had just pushed me to far. He had finally broke me.
I was sitting here in front of my computer listening to Coldplay's latest CD and the song "Fix You" came on and as I sat here hearing everyword that was being sung, as tears ran down my face, every word to that song represented my life. At that time I just wanted someone to fix my life. Fix me....... Fix him..........Fix everything.
(Very dramatic I know, but then I can be a drama queen, sometimes)
I have learned many things from my new friends and I thank everyday that I found my way here.
((((((((( to everyone )))))))))))))
Old 01-06-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This has been a fun thread.
I heard the name Clancy as a child, a friends uncle I think. Just always liked that name. I used it without thinking about Clancy I. an older AA speaker and he also runs the Midnight Mission in Calif. At least he did. (Sorry Clancy I)
Only thing, I am female, but thought could work as nick name for a female??
Old 01-06-2006, 08:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

When I'm nervous and/or stressed out I grind my teeth. I don't realize I'm doing it until I get a sore jaw or a headache. I would love for the teethgrinding, stress and nervousness to go away!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Mine original screen name was too long to fit...it was going to be "Miss Comunication".

Because I was finally starting to communicate. but, it got shortened.

I love and have cats, so it seemed even better, the new twist ending
Old 01-06-2006, 10:17 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Jessica is my first name. N is the first letter of my son's name, A is the first letter of my daughter's name, and J is the first letter of our last name.

Knowing that, I bet you can't guess my last name???

I'm not very creative either.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I though the sun always shined in pleasantville Jess. Well anyways my name isnt very interesting either, but it has meaning. I picked princess because thats what my boyfriend calls me his princess and 9282001 because we started going out on September 28,2001.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I love to learn about other people. I think it is so interesting so see the reasons why people choose what they choose - myself included.

I have so enjoyed this thread. Everyone brings some different perspective to the table.

You rule!
Old 01-07-2006, 01:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
they took my picture

Sweet Beauty and Pretension

You are beautiful, beautiful!!! So is this thread. My screen name is because of my fear of eternity, yet my lack of fear of death, and love of life. Doesn't make sense I say to forever.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

At first I was Mamabear. Then as this codependency stuff actually started to sink in, I realized I neede to be defining myself as someone in regards to my own interests. I was trained in a hands on energy work called reiki and find it helped. Voila! Solunded good to me.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

I'm not creative with names, but wanted one that I would remember. I loved the movie Dark Crystal and originally thought of Augra, but couldn't remember how to spell her/his name. Look like Gelfling, smell like Gelfling, IS Gelfing.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
spirit

hi

many many years ago someone described me as a spirited woman, (long story) and so when i first joined the net about 8 years ago, i called myself spirit and it has just stuck - cant think of anything else, nothing else seems to fit me, so i am still spirit. which is a bit ironic on an recovery site, it has nothing to do with spirits haha

i was also once described as a panther, the reason, "you sit back, watch and when you need to you pounce" haha, but i dont feel like a panther let alone look like one haha

cheers
kath aka spirit
Old 01-07-2006, 06:34 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I so love this thread. It is a window into each of our souls.

THANKS! I feel as if I know each one of you a little better.