OT - Wanna visit my website?

Old 12-31-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - Wanna visit my website?

If you want to visit my new website, here is the url:

www.go2mex.com/sourire

Let me know what you think?

and A very Happy, Healthy, Prosperous Peaceful New Year to everyone here tonight!

:abg:
Old 12-31-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Nice site pretty dogs!!!
Old 12-31-2005, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting busy living!

Great site Judy! And such beautiful dogs!!!! I just love dogs. lol
Old 12-31-2005, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The dogs are beautiful. What an inspiring story! Amazing.

J
Old 12-31-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

What a grand tribute to Cody.
Well done on the site Judy...
Old 12-31-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish I could take credit for putting it all together but I can't. I had the "visual" in my minds eye, the colors, the pages, the text and what I wanted to have it look like, I conveyed my ideas to LJ (a friend of mine who also owns Belgians) and she put it together for me.

The pictures were easy ...... I have 101 albums of mostly dog photo's on snapfish.com

..... and the story of Cody is true, if I wrote everything that transpired those last few months, it would be pages and pages of reading, so I minimized it quite a bit, but the message is clear.

The first Belgian I got after Cody died came 10 days after his death. That dog, her name was Magic, saved my life. How I got her is a miracle in it's own right. In reality she was an anchor to an existence I didn't want to be in any longer. I had to get up and feed her, let her out and concentrate on her training. Magic was such a happy go lucky dog, always wagging, always happy to see anyone and always willing to work for me. She went happily to bereavement group meetings weekly and became the shoulder for many folks to cry into her beautiful coat. She took it all in stride and I believe she knew she was doing something very very important. She became a certified Therapy Dog at 1 year old and a week later was killed by a car. I grieved then, I mean really grieved for the dog who saved my life and the loss of my son's life.

The best memory I have of Magic was our last visit to the Nursing Home. The patients would come to a recreation room and there was one man who was wheeled into the room in a bed. He hadn't spoken or moved in 3 months. He pointed to Magic. He wanted to see her. I had her get up on the bed and he smiled and scratched her neck for about an hour. He willingly laid there, sprawled out, with her belly up and the biggest Belgian Smile I'd ever seen. His caregiver was crying, so was I. I looked up at her and she said, he hasn't smiled, spoken or moved in 3 months. Your dog has done what none of us could accomplish "Thank You" and Magic.

Her registered name was "Cody's Magic Lady" and she truly was!
Old 12-31-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting busy living!

I used to bring my dog "Chucky" to visit my father at the nursing home. I'd wheel my father around the halls and he'd hold Chucky's leash. It looked like Chucky was pulling him! lol All the residents loved to see Chucky and he was always so friendly. It was almost like he knew, the way he behaved. Good old Chucky is now an "old man" himself. He'll be 12 in February. The picture under my "name" is my other dog "Babealou". If it wasn't for those two dogs there were days when I don't think I would have come home but I knew they'd be watching and waiting for me so I always did.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wow awesome!
Old 12-31-2005, 08:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wonderful Judy, I also love dogs.
Happy New Year to you also, and to everyone else on SR.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Judy...what an incredible site...thanks for sharing with us.
Happy New Year to you my friend......
Hugs
Old 01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Hey Judy, they are very pretty dogs, such soulful eyes!!!! I am sure Cody is very proud of the dogs and his legacy!!!!
Old 01-02-2006, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi JUDY,

You have quite a story and your web-site is great.

Ngaire
Old 01-02-2006, 06:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Dan

Slick looking site.
And great dogs
Old 01-02-2006, 07:19 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Yes, the eyes are soulful, but don't let that fool you, the Belgian Sheepdog (or Shepherd) is a highly intelligent thinking breed. Their little minds are turning, thinking, figuring out constantly.

I've trained one dog to do basic commands while having another off the side just watching. When I went to work the other dog, he already knew the commands and what to do, just by watching! It's really amazing to handle and work these dogs.

Many police departments are using these dogs as K9 police dogs vs. the German Shepherd due to their "thinking" ability and trainability.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dan, are you familiar with the Belgian breed?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, lovely dogs.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by ASpouse
Dan, are you familiar with the Belgian breed?
Not really, but I've been around dogs most of my life, and I know a little about working dogs.
Enough to know that they will create their own work if there's none around

I just enjoyed the pictures immensely.
Superb specimens of the canine persuasion.
Tell me, do they enjoy chasing cats?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well, I don't have cats so I'm not really sure. I've placed several pups in homes with cats and they do quite well together. I tell folks that are worried that the cat will usually make the rules quite clear to the dog and since Belgians are so smart, they learn quite quickly.

If they would chase cats, it would be purely for fun for both the cat and the dog. Belgians are a herding breed, they are not as intense as a Border Collie as far as work goes, but they can go and go if asked to.

I have one Belgian here that has taken on the job of sentinel. His job apparently is to keep the rest of the dogs in line and keep things orderly. He does a fine job of it also and he and my husband do obedience work together. Jack loves it (the dog).

The best job for a Belgian at least in my house is to be with their person. They are extremely devoted loyal dogs. It's rare they run off ever! They are known as "Velcro Dogs"!
Old 01-02-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

My mother use to raise German Sherpards and sold a few to the police depts. when I was young. They are certainly smart dogs! Your sound like gems!!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I have a white shepard, totally out of control I find it really hard with her, she's not a year yet, I've managed to get her to obey "sit" and "down" but if she's too excited she will not obey, she has plenty of room to run and we have another little dog too...but for some reason, even though they are both fed hefty meals twice a day, they would rather run outside and eat the garbage!! I'm home with them all day so it's not like they lack attention! My little dog will actually turn his nose up at the food in his bowl and then I'll find him trying to knock over the garbage can outside! any tips Judy?