She's gone and I'm so very very angry

Old 12-29-2005, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

She's gone and I'm so very very angry

I took my aunt to the airport today. If I didn't hurt so bad because of the fibro, I would have skipped out of the airport.

She crossed so many lines I can't think straight. She's a sick miserable dry-drunk. She's also a pervert. Sorry, but I can't even think straight. The only thought that continually goes through my head is that I need to clean my house from a spiritual standpoint. Does that make sense to anyone?

Hopefully with a good nights' sleep, I'll be able to post the last few days happenings.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think I'd be very grateful...
and never ever ask her to return for the holidays.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

time to set some new boundaries kathy - you don't need this to happen again next year. hugs to you!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here's wishing you a wonderful night of peace and quiet. Get some rest, I'm sure you need it.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((( Kathy ))))))
Old 12-29-2005, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

Originally Posted by gelfling
...The only thought that continually goes through my head is that I need to clean my house from a spiritual standpoint. Does that make sense to anyone? ...
Oh YES! That makes perfect sense to me! I've felt the need to do that (+ DONE it) several times in my recovery. It "looks" different each time, but has always helped (if only a little). Maybe - if nothing else it's a way to really acknowledge that 1) there was some 'really icky' stuff happening - and - 2) it's time to heal now.

Be gentle with yourself.

Bright Blessings,
Blue
Old 12-29-2005, 11:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stress is soooo good for fibromyalgia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You probably won't even be able to move tomorrow. At least she is gone. That is a very good thing.

Hugs, Jo
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Open the front door, open the back door, and call the fire dept.
The thought of having them hose off everything and anything, as the water leaks out the front and back doors.

Gee I don't have any idea of what you are talking about *LOL*

This season of life has passed. It is now just a bad memory. As with all bad memories, they go away with time.
Next year, recall a little of that memory and make plans for the holidays.
Try to find something in the visit that you can laugh about later. I know it may be tough to do but I am sure something will come to mind.

*remembering my dad's uncle from a visit*
His uncle, for the most part was out of the way most times.
This one visit, he would give my mom a kiss goodbye before leaving the house each day. Well after some segrams 7 and his evening leave for a walk, he tried on more then one occasion to french kiss my mom *LOL*
That was the last time she allowed him back for a overnight visit.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Glad to hear that's over for you!
Old 12-30-2005, 07:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Originally Posted by gelfling
I I need to clean my house from a spiritual standpoint. Does that make sense to anyone?
It makes sense to me.

We all carry "vibes and energy" (sorry, but this is new age stuff).

You can do some simple rituals to clean up the spiritual energy in the house. Start by doing some actual housecleaning. Imagine her energy and vibes being washed away with the dirty water, and up the vacuum hose!

Then you can light a candle and declare that the house is now fully clean and absent of any unwanted energies. This should work nicely.

Robin
Old 12-30-2005, 08:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kathy.....hip hip hooray!!!!!!
Peace is once again restored......
Have a happy new year......
Old 12-30-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

Go do something nice for yourself. You deserve it after what you've been through, and CONGRATS for staying sober/clean through it all.

I agree w/ the others - now's the time to set some boundaries. We're all behind you, Kathy!!

Hugs,
Old 12-30-2005, 09:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrads..

Since we are on the spiritual thing.... Get some Sage and burn just a little in each room, that will not only clean out negative energy but bring a calm and peace into the home. House cleaning is ALWAYS a good thing to do when someone has messed with the peace.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I was going to say the same thing Cynay, I glad for your sake she is gone , kathy. What a way to have to spend the holiday!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Glad she's gone, too. Now about next year....perhaps it's time to make plans that don't include your Aunt.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

A lot of spiritual and emotional housecleaning was done yesterday. We're all feeling much better. And yes, there is no "next time". It will cause pain and the rift I know will come, but my family manipulated me for years. Though she is the only living relative I have, I won't let her do it.

This is what they held over my head for years and she's doing the same. Hell, I lived without it all these years, I'm not about to be a "ho" to her for hers.

I don't want to go into details of what went on because I'm in a much better place, so just let your imagination go wild. Whichever direction it goes will probably be right on the money. And

Thanks to all of you for your love and support. It helped like you wouldn't believe.

Blessings and a healthy New Year to everyone. :bbe:
Old 12-31-2005, 07:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

And yes, there is no "next time". It will cause pain and the rift I know will come, but my family manipulated me for years. Though she is the only living relative I have, I won't let her do it.
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!! I have no regrets on the boundaries I set with my family and I think in the long run those boundaries saved more rifts than they caused! Good on ya!