needing support

Old 12-31-2002, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

needing support

Hi guys,

Well, my A is in rehab in Virginia until Jan 20th. He won't know until next Monday if he has a job to come home to. In the meantime, I'm packing up all my things and preparing to leave the state to stay with my folks for awhile. He's been calling me everyday and seems to be doing okay (I'm thankful for that). I just don't want to let him get the best of me....they're master manipulators as most of you know! He's telling me not to hire a lawyer because he knows its all his fault and he will continue to support us even if we're not here. Wishful thinking. I keep thinking of that saying here, Nothing changes if nothing changes. I will make a change and won't live with him until I know he's sober and has been for a long time. Maybe not even then. Anyways, I just wanted to hear from you guys to keep me going down the right path! Happy New Years everyone
Old 12-31-2002, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Twice,

I know it smarts like the dickens, but it sounds like you're making a positive move. Wishing you a smooth transition into a hopeful new year. Congrats on taking back the driver's seat on your destiny-mobile.

Love and New Year's Hugs!
Smoke
Old 12-31-2002, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Twice

I just want to send my hugs too, and to wish you a happy New Year.

I learned with my son that I cannot live in my recovery and his disease at the same time. And that I must stay out of his darkness to remain in my light. Gratefully, he is working on recovery and has already added light to his world.

My prayers are with you, and I hope you will continue your journey here with us. God Bless.