feeling miserable

Old 12-27-2005, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy feeling miserable

i have this awful feeling at the pit of my stomach. my ah just received court papers and was livid when he found out how much child support i was asking. the amount i asked for is what my lawyer suggested. i feel so terribly guilty and sick to my stomach. he came by supposedly to see the children but he just kept on yelling at me how could i ask for that, that he wouldn't hurt the children, etc. and there i was like a fool, trying to explain myself. i know i should of not opened the door, but i did. i know there is no reasoning with him, and he totally thinks the worst of everything. i am such a nervous wreck right now.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Sweetie, you should never feel guilty for making sure that your children get what they need and for taking care of yourself. Next time, you'll know not to answer the door when he's so angry.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi,

well. child support guidelines are already established. thats the cost of breeding and the cost of raising their child. Dont let the guilt keep you from getting what is already established by law as the fair share of helping to raise your child.

I fought and fought and fought, heard it all, and you know what? its still more expensive to be the custodial parent than the non custodial parent.

Let the lawyer do what he needs to do. Take care of you and find support as the process is really draining. Divorce is never pretty and never fun. But the lawyers can see down the road years from now when your eyes may be focusing only on getting thru the next 24 hours. Trust them.

quietsins
Old 12-27-2005, 08:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks for the support. you're absolutely correct. I will not open the door next time, and he needs to help with supporting the children. he thinks that because i make enough to support us he doesn't need to contribute at all, whatsover.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

going thru a divorce is hard and bound to make you have second thoughts, etc. Very stressful time. Remember it will pass and just take it one day at a time. I hope everything works out for the best.