Holiday weekend was tough

Old 12-27-2005, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holiday weekend was tough

Well Christmas is over and it was nice, but also sad/tough. My xbf is back in the Salvation Army and has been calling. Wanted to see me on Christmas. Said to tell my family Merry Christmas, and to kiss the dogs for him. (He knows just how to get to me) and asked that we can work it out, to think about going back with him (Again) and wait for him to get out of rehab ( 9 months if he makes it THIS time). I was strong, told him I don't think it's a good idea to see each other at this time and I think it's best if we stay not dating for now. I don't want to forget just how bad it got between us. Since we've been apart, I do think about him from time to time, but I admit, I really am enjoying not having the stress and drama that came when we were together. I do hope he makes it this time and there is still a tiny, tiny part of me that is keeping an open mind that maybe in the future if it's my HP will, we will be together. I feel bad in a way that my feelings just aren't there any more. That this last time that he relapsed it pretty much sealed the deal with us to be apart. Yes, I'm confused and I hope I'm still doing the right thing by going on with my life.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

It is your life, you are the ONLY one who can go on with it.

It is said that relapse is a part of recovery...I have never figured out how many relapses apply...anywhere from 1 to 100 I guess.

There are no guarantees in life. Trust your gut and go forward...

Dolly
Old 12-27-2005, 06:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brdlvr2
I really am enjoying not having the stress and drama that came when we were together.
That's what it's all about brd.