I learned to hate christmas.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I learned to hate christmas.

I learned to hide from it, get out the house, eat and drink till I slept to miss it!

Last year was the first with no booze on christmas day, but then I knew that wouldn't last - just at the time was being saved for social events, I knew that wouldn't last too.

I learned to dread christmas, family rows, feeling alone (not because of anyone's drinking). I chalked up more than my share of lousey christmas's.

There didn't seem much to look forward to in October or early November, just more confusion and dilema's + the pressure of christmas.

But you know what? I've had the BEST CHRISTMAS of my life! And you know what else? We went for a walk this morning and there was a single plant blooming in the middle of winter - it was purple and I thought of you Christie (Cwohio). I hope with all my heart you got a little purple too. If not they'll be some on it's way tomorrow.

I couldn't believe it - midwinter and small purple blooming flowers, ain't that just the way it is?

On a side note - last year my mother bought D a bottle of whiskey (she knows) but this year she bought us a smoothie maker??!!! IT'S SO COOL - a really good one, metal not plastic. All I know is that was a good present that must have come from the heart and I'm so happy for that. It was so good to ring them and tell them just how much I love it!!
Old 12-25-2005, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi equus,

I am so happy for you and D that you had a magical christmas! and a great pressie!

HUGX
Lee
Old 12-25-2005, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

See what happens when the Podgey Fairy lives in your house?
Lucky me, she brought a bit of magic into our house this Christmas too.
Glad you had a good day Eq.
Happy Christmas to you and D.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

equus - sounds like a wonderful day you had. thanks for sharing about the bit of purple - i hope it gets here quickly! smoothies...mmmmm....yummy!
Old 12-26-2005, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

In our area, those little purple flowers that pop up in the midst of winter are called "glory of the snow." Sounds like a fitting name to me. Glad you had a fine holiday. You and D deserve it.