Elephants Part 2

Old 12-31-2002, 05:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Oh, I think you are right. I don't know why. I've just been feeling this all day. I didn't want to say anything though. It might be right for a day or two days, but for today I think you are right even if there are no right and wrong ways to do it.

Hugs to all of you,
MG

Old 12-31-2002, 05:30 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi JT...happy new year!

I know EXACTLY how you feel but you don't have to feel bad for going with your heart and doing what feels right for you. As long as you're comfortable then that's all that's important. I know I felt like a bad anon when I was going through my situation but ya know....no one lives in the Cleaver house hold and we don't know what's in your heart unless you tell us.

I know I speak for everyone when I say that you are loved and respected here and whatever you decide, I for one, will support you. Hey, and if things don't go the way we hope, well...we'll still all be here to support you.

You're doing great under these very difficult circumstances. I have learned so much from you these past few months and I just know that whatever happens, we'll all be OK.
Old 12-31-2002, 07:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey JT -

Sounds like your heart and head are in a good place and the Beav is a very lucky man indeed to have a mom and pop like you guys. You've set your boundaries and the Beav is willing and I am glad you are at peace with your decision. As moms, we try everything we can think of and then try some more. That is the unconditional love we feel for our children.

Hope 2003 is a blessed year for your family.

hugs,

deedee
Old 12-31-2002, 08:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JT

I know your recovery is strong enough to handle all this, regardless of the outcome. As you often say, sometimes doing nothing is the best thing to do, and to do nothing except add some boundaries, is triumph.

I have a good feeling about this too, JT, and I can't say that I would do it any different. Right? Wrong? When our recovery is in place, it really doesn't matter - what matters is that we thought it through first and did the best we could.

My prayers are with you, Ward and Beav.
Old 12-31-2002, 11:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

JT,

Listen up and listen good! You are NOT a wuss! Good gosh, if YOU are a wuss, just think what that makes ME!!!!!!!!!!..lol

Nope, you have never been a wuss, are not presently a wuss, and never will be a wuss. You are a mom trying to muddle through a difficult situation and I, myself, think you are doing a fine job.

So hush your mouth about that 'wuss' stuff. And as I told some other poster on here....

"Don't make me stop this car!"....

Love ya!
Old 12-31-2002, 11:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

J.T.,
I think you are doing great, of course
I always think you are doing great!
I'm glad the Beav is getting another
chance.
I guess this means he's not coming my
or M.G's way after all!!!
I pray this is a better year for all of
us.

Happy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2003, 06:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I am overwelmed by the support here. What more can I say??

We can be flopping around like a fish and no matter which side we land on we have cheerleaders.

((((((Group Hug))))))))

JT
Old 01-01-2003, 07:09 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Did someone call in cheerleaders?

"GO! JT! GO!
Old 01-01-2003, 08:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

anns,
love the cheerleader, i think she dated my ex!!

hugs from sugar
Old 01-01-2003, 08:29 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Paused

Just Tired, Sorry you are going through a hard time right now but it sounds like you are doing a great job of keeping everythink in perspective.
Sounds like the beav has a wonderful mom with her head on straight ... you are in my prayer each day.

PS ... I loved the cheerleader!
Sealy
Old 01-01-2003, 08:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is NOT a good day!!!!

I just looked in the mirror and saw a REMARKABLE resemblance to Ann's cheerleading picture!

Note to self: Call Hairdresser TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 10:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

hey JT -

I am showing up a little late here....but (((JT))) follow your instincts...you will be right.

And yep 'Dr. Phil would say "how's that workin for ya?" and if it is working then it is!

Reading your posts about the Beav and everyone elses about there A children open my eyes to so much I put my mom through.

Thanks for reaching out to us...I always learn something from you.

and you are such a wonderful example for -
don't hate the addict, hate the disease. It is a disease that the Beav and I have, and in the blink of an eye I could be him again, I pray for both of us.

Love you JT.
Old 01-01-2003, 09:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Paused

JT,

I'm late here, I think I got lost back with the herd of elephants!

Your doing such a great job! I think you're an awesome mom. And your just doing what moms do best...love their kids. I'm glad you listened to your heart, and maybe this time is the time to do that. If not, well, you tried and did the best you could at the time. I'm really pulling for the Beav to "get it"!

Thought you would needing some mood stabilizing therapy! So I'm sending you some bubbly & things...

But look what else I found in the bubbly dept! You can scrubby with a ducky bar of soapy! Altho I definitely prefer to keep the ducks as far away from the tub as possible!!

My thoughts and Prayers are with you, Ward & the Beav!!!

Hugs,