did anyone see this???????

Old 12-20-2005, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

did anyone see this???????

well here i was all depressed and miserable,bit*chin,moanin and groanin. there was a show on the discovery health channel tonight called "woman with half a body" this girl,rose-i believe her name was,was born with legs that were so severely disfigured and non functionable,that they decided to amputate them when she was two years old.her parents made this decision having just the best attitude.she grew up literally walking on her hands but otherwise being just like any other person.except for the fact that her attitude was/is just amazing!! she eventually married a guy of normal height,and then became pregnant!! they advised her against carrying the baby,but she insisted she wanted to no matter what. she gave birth to a healthy baby boy about four years ago. in the meantime her mom died,and she is taking care of her father who has dementia and alzeimers with emphazema (not sure if i spelled all that right),AND her 29 year old brother who is mentally ******** and has episodes of violent behavior!! this girl does everything.she taught her son to ice skate,drives,works on cars,cooks,cleans,etc etc with the most pleasant,non self pitying attitude!!!! they live in a modest house with modest income. you can tell she does get overwhelmed at times,but all in all she is just the sweetest amazing thing!!
I HAVE GOT TO CHANGE MY ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Yes...I did see it.
Hard to feel sorry for yourself when you are made aware of anothers challenges isn't it?

Hugs...
Old 12-20-2005, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I saw it a while back in the UK - Yep - she rocks!!

And the best bit of it all is her appreciation of life, at least to me that was the best.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i just cannot get her out of my mind today.and her husband. just think-if everyone in the world had such an attitude,were so non judgemental,and had just so much common sense--how nice it would be!! for all of us.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Getting an incredible attitude? Sounds good to me! I'm in!
Old 12-21-2005, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

I saw that show. It made me realize how very blessed and lucky I am!!!!