Tired and Sleepy?

Old 12-27-2002, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Tired and Sleepy?

Good Morning, I sit here this morning thinking I should feel better.
I am off all my depression medications, anxiety medication, have been sleeping without the aid of medication, seeing my therapist, attending Al-Anon, reading information, reading and posting here, and honestly feel better about things.

So why do I feel so tired? So sleepy?
I have had terrible headaches for several days and I do feel as through the underlying anxiety is right there beneath the surface waiting to bubble over but I am trying very hard to cope in other ways besides taking pills to mask the feelings or my reactions to them.
I feel as if I could just go back to bed and stay there?
I don't think it is depression ... it is not quite that kind of gong to bed and sleeping ... you know pulling the covers over your head and hiding.
Perhaps I am simply tired?
Perhaps I just don't recognise actual geninue emotions ... because for so long I have been hiding from them ... with the medications? Afraid to really feel what I was feeling inside?
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Has anyone been through a period of feeling like this?
Sealy
Old 12-27-2002, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi Sealy,

MG knows alot bout getting of meds. I am sure she will be along.

But in the interest of keeping it simple, it IS the Christmas season. All the stuff goes up and then we have to take all the stuff down. After shopping, and cooking and wrapping plus working and cleaning I am tired too!

Add the emotional turmoil of recovery and all that goes with it and you may have your answer. It sounds as tho you are trying very hard and staying on top of your emotions. My suggeation? Take a nap...or two...if those feelings linger you can examine them then.

Hugs,
JT
Old 12-27-2002, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sealy,
I stuggle with the dilemnas over the meds all the time.

Exhaustion is one after effect of stress.

I had stopped taking my meds in July, but got back on them a few weeks ago......

live
Old 12-27-2002, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Remember the saying, "First Things First..." Take a nap, lay down and read a book. I am always so amazed (why I am repeatedly amazed is another issue) at how emotional stress takes it's toll. Get some rest and don't try and figure the why thing today.