I tolf my AGF I'm going to Al-Anon!

Old 12-11-2005, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I told my AGF I'm going to Al-Anon!

OK, so I told her yesterday I was going to Al-Anon. The consensus of my group was that I certainly shouldn't try to guard her feelings. I told her that it "wasn't about her". It was about getting control back of my life that I had given her, that she probably wasn't even aware she had. I said it was not a bitch session, otherwise nothing would ever get accomplished. I stressed the anonymity too. She's really terrified that someone would ever find out something negative about her in her professional life. She didn't really have a whole lot to say in response.
We agreed that we should have some time apart. There's a lot of resentment on my part and she claims that there's "just too much drama" right now. I bit my tongue on that one and just agreed. She said I was her rock and that she needs to learn to be her own rock. Under the circumstances, some time apart is probably for the best.
I find myself wishing that "rock bottom" would hit her. Her sisters' DUI hearing is tomorrow. Beween that, our estrangement, and the holidays, I find myself hoping it will just be too much. It's really going to be tough going thru Christmas without her but i'm determined to do it. I'm so miserable.
THIS SUX!!!

Last edited by rookknight65; 12-11-2005 at 09:45 PM. Reason: typos
Old 12-12-2005, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

The meetings will help a lot.

Christmas can be tough when you are dealing with something like this.

Robin