The Booze Wins!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 05:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Originally Posted by equus
Try not to fill your head with images of him broken, as real as your worries are you have enough to deal with in the here and now without tomorrow's too. People can and do surprise us - I sent my crystal ball back as faulty months ago...
Wise advice!

Robin
Old 12-12-2005, 10:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just wanted to add that I know what you are going through. The lies and deception, all the time telling you they love you, it does hurt very much. All (we) I can do is what is suggested here. Turn it over to higher power and allow myself to feel this pain. To grieve. I hope you find peace. This disease does hurt the one's they love very much.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Getting busy living!

When I came home tonight I told T that I knew he was drinking over the weekend. At first he tried to deny it but then I said I had found the bottle so there was no point in denying it. I then asked him why and lo and behold he said he drank because he's an A and he can't stop doing it! Now THAT is a big step forward for him and I gave him credit for speaking the real truth as to why he relapsed.

I then told him that I did believe he blew a positive on the remote breathalizer on Saturday and that's why the machine hasn't gone off for a test since Saturday night. His eyes grew wide and he said "Do you think so?" I then said "You were drinking on Saturday right? Why wouldn't the machine pick it up?" I then said "You do know what's gonna happen now don't you? You'll end up in jail." Again, a total look of surprise and disbelief on his face. I said "You were in the same courtroom as I was, listening to the same judge. Did you hear? Did you comprehend what he said?"

I suggested that he fess up at his next meeting and then ask if anyone in the group had ever been in the county jail. I told him from what I read in the paper and what I think I know as just an intelligent adult that rehab is like a country club compared to what jail is like. And you'll have more than just addicts around you. You'll have armed robbers, drug dealers, child molesters, rapists, etc, etc and they aren't there to "get better". And they don't just "check the contents of your bag" when you check in. They also check YOU, as in "strip search". His face went totally white at that point. Mine would have too. And then I said "That's the reality of your choosing to drink and reality sure does bite."

Going through a strip search stone cold sober. That sure could qualify as my rock bottom. Oh ya, reality sure can bite!