I'm TRYING!

Old 12-05-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm TRYING!

Well, I really am trying to make every effort to be involved and make a happy family couple atmosphier. But it always ends up the same way! Me home alone, him at the bar! We went out to dinner Saturday to Apelbeys,(Had a really nice time), then afterward, I told him that I wanted to stop at Krogers for something for a snack while we watched the movie I rented. His responce???....."I'm going to the bar." Shot down again! So I got HALF a date!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hon, are you going to the hardware shop to buy bread?

There is only so much you can do to fix a relationship - and that's your part. You can't do his bit for him.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=minnie]Hon, are you going to the hardware shop to buy bread?

[QUOTE]

Aparently so!!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by minnie
Hon, are you going to the hardware shop to buy bread?
Aparently SO!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Think about this: don't you deserve better?

Robin
Old 12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, I do. but he does do SOME nice things. But I feel like a fool even as I wrote THAT! Ha! Ha!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Cup,
I know how you feel. I spent the entire weekend, well Thursday night on, alone. When he wasn't out, he was watching TV or something with his A buddy, but because he wasn't mentally there the entire time, I was alone in my bedroom. It's sucky, isn't it? At least I have my precious dogs for company...
Sorry he hurt your feelings.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He acted like a total JERK last night! He was at the bar when I came home from my art class, but came home soon after, and was being his sarcastic with all his answers. Example "Did you feed the dog" Him- "Yes. I gave her ALPO is that OK?" Like I am accusing him of not feeding her or something! You can't have a conversation with him without him turning it into me sounding acusitory or something! Its so frustrating! Then he tells me this morning (sweetly) that he went out last night and got my Christmas Present, and that it's something really nice! (so that I feel bad)
It's so hard to live with that "Jeckle and Hyde" personality. My dad (who was also an alcoholic, but recovering) was like that. My mom used to say they would give you some happiness, and then take it away!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cupowater,

Bummer! I can so relate to what went down. We try and try to make a romantic evening just to have it squashed. Then their guilty conscience spits out some ridiculous response. Too bad he missed out on a great time with someone who obviously cared enough to want him around. It happens to me all the time sorry it happens to so many others! It's not you, alky is so cruel! Sorry he ruins your life too.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I remember feeling this way as a kid. My dad would have SOOOO many presents under the tree, but we had to open them a certain way. I was always sick and throwing up on Christmas day, and would "ruin" Christmas. So we were happy in one way, and scared and nervous on the other hand. It was no wonder I was sick. Probably nerves. I hate that feeling.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Cup, Your mom was so right...they give you some happiness and then take it away...I hadn't thought of it in so exact words...but that is it! That is how they keep us hanging on....because they do give us some happiness...we keep hoping for it to stay that way...not take it away...mine always did it seems....so now he says he is sorry and wants to know what he can do to make it right. I told him it was too late...I gave him so many chances and he abused them...for now at least I am sticking to my word...it is too late for us. I will never feel trust that he won't keep taking away. I want happiness in my life...and I have to say I am really struggling with finding it.
Love and prayers to you!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Its the nature of the beast Im afraid....

I think all their quacking has more to do with them then it has to do with us. They know they are ruining it, they dont want too cuz they still want us there to take care of everything and them... so the "toss the dog a bone" while they think they are eating steak. They just dont seem to know its the steak they are tossing and in reality they just keep knawing on that bone and becoming less and less happy.

For me life was just too short. I am the princess and if he ever was a prince... well I could not find him under all those warts.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cynay, thats so sad! It's all so sad.