Up and Down

Old 11-28-2005, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Up and Down

Have been thinking of this wonderful place and I thought I would give an update. First of all I hope everyone had a safe and good Thanksgiving. Things for the most part have been ok. Just pretty much up and down. Made it through the funeral last month and these past few weeks have been like a roller coaster. My daughters teacher calls me the other morning to tell me that for the past 3 weeks her attitude has been really bad. She is advising greif counseling. The little ones attitude at home has just been up and down as well. I am going to call and check on counseling today though. I know her first years while the A and I were together, they weren't easy for her at all. Then just a sad ending to this makes it not that much easier.

I think I am learning I sometimes hold so much resentment inside about the pain shes had to endure, things that have happened to her and that shes been exposed to. I hurt for her and sometimes the hurt is unbearable. I've been continuing to take my anti-depressants. they have been helping me somewhat.

Myself...I've had my moments which I still do from time to time. I just keep telling myself hes finally at rest, at peace.

It will get better I hope. I pray it does. Even if its a little bit at a time.

Big hugs.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

BonBon
I'm glad you checked in.
Life after losing someone is so difficult.
Especially for the kids.
You and your young ones will remain in my prayers.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

bonbon- good to see you back. it must be very difficult for a child to first be exposed to the chaos addiction can cause and then death.

i too have my moments of grief over my husband's death - a memoriy of better times here and there, that's what usually sets me off. But I like you have to remember those good times fondly and know that my husband's soul is now soaring.

hugs to you and your children!