When hurtful things don't hurt

Old 11-13-2005, 02:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

ditto on that last comment minnie.....
Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You got THAT right, Minnie. He was gone from Thursday till Sunday afternoon on a hunting trip, and it was so nice not to have the "A" thing around. As soon as he got home, here came the sarcastic comments and about 3/4th of a 5th of whisky, THEN he wanted to go to the bar! He asked me to go with him and I said no. He said "But I want to spend some time with you". I said "Well, spend some time with me then!" He took the dog for a "walk" (probably over to the bar to get a quick drink) and then came home, ate 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwitches, and fell asleep on the couch! While he was eating them, I had gone to get some art supplies to do a picture in the living room with him, so I could spend some time with him. A lot of good THAT did! We really spent some quality time together with him snoring away on the couch!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey bahookie,you say that you knew they were all rubbish....
Well now i call this recovering!!!!!Congrats!!!Being able to seperate the rubbish from the truth.Not being influnced,by the rubbish,and not letting,rubbish have any control.Seeing it for what it is....Personally i think you made a healthy choice.And it is a choice whether to be hurt by what another says.Can take the high road,see things as they are,and shrug shoulders,and move on,with your happiness.I dont have to get into the stuff,that another throws at me.I dont have to be hurt,because another is saying hurtful things to me.its a choice,my,choice..The alcoholic,can, tell me that the moon is square,and that i must go and make it round,and if im not,working in my own recovery,getting stronger every day,ya know i propbably would make plans to get to the moon and fix it..lol..Recovery is all an inside job.My Mom,bless her soul,never went to any recovery program,but she knew what to do,when Dad,would start,his stuff.In one ear,and out the other.,she would say and do.Im still learning how to have such peace,serenity,as my Mom,had...It takes time to learn new behaviours,new responses,and yea false guilt may pop up time to time.I simply let it go,and talk to myself more lovinly...Trust in what you know...Change is a process...
keep on,keeping on,
Thanks for letting me share,
God Bless,and take care!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 06:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Originally Posted by Cap3

...The alcoholic,can, tell me that the moon is square,and that i must go and make it round,and if im not,working in my own recovery,getting stronger every day,ya know i propbably would make plans to get to the moon and fix it..lol..

...It takes time to learn new behaviours,new responses,and yea false guilt may pop up time to time.I simply let it go,and talk to myself more lovinly...Trust in what you know...Change is a process...
keep on,keeping on,
Thank you for this
Being able to say for absolute certain that no, the moon isn't square is the first step! I'm learning to trust my judgement and listen to my gut. I think half the struggle was getting to that point.

And yes, I speak to myself with greater kindness these days.

Thank you for your insight

Jane
xxx