Bad two days

Old 11-09-2005, 09:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Bad two days

I am not doing very good today, I have alot of resentment building up inside of me and it comes out it the wrong ways, I wish I could get a grip.

How do I take negative energy and turn it into positive. I cannot change how others do things, but learning to accept what they do sucks.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Emily, why don't you supply details. That is kind of a general question and seeks an answer in general terms.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You don't have to accept the behaviour in your life, only accept that's what they do.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My details seem to be to detailed most times and very lengthy.

My H struck a nerve with me lastnight, letting me know it kills me when he and our daughter is with his mom. He says I cant stand it he is right, I dont like his mom, I think she is a B************* and maybe I cant stand it because they have something that I wish I had for all of us.

I should be more appreciative to his mom for everything she does for me, I see it as she doesnt do crap for me and my two older kids, only her grandaughter and her son. He is telling me what I should do in the am when I drop off my daugher, I should be getting out of the car like a daughter in law should and hug and kiss her neck and be thankful.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is what I meant minnie, and that is hard to do at times, it sucks.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I should be more appreciative to his mom for everything she does for me, I see it as she doesnt do crap for me and my two older kids, only her grandaughter and her son. He is telling me what I should do in the am when I drop off my daugher, I should be getting out of the car like a daughter in law should and hug and kiss her neck and be thankful.
But this isn't about your MIL, this is about your husband trying to exert excessive control over you.

THAT'S the behaviour you don't have to allow in your life.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((Emily))))
Old 11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think you need to talk about it. Leaving it inside of you is not good. It's normal to have anger when you are dealing with an alcoholic, but we must find healthy ways to deal with it.

Have you thought about seeing a therapist? I have and it has been very helpful for me.