Sick

Old 12-13-2002, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sick

Hi friends. I have been down with the stomach flu for nearly a week now. I can’t remember a time when I have felt so sick, not just physically, but emotionally, spiritually and mentally too.
I have been unable to get to any meetings, and was feeling afraid to post here, but I really need the connection to others who are in recovery. I guess if “he” wants to take digs or use it against me, so be it. I need the contact. I need to continue on my recovery course.
It has been a rough week. I have worked a couple of days, and had to leave early with nausea and blinding headaches.
At work they are talking about budget reductions and layoffs. I have had such poor attendance this year I am worried that I will be one of the first to go.
I am getting the guilt trips from “him” about how awful it will be to be alone on Christmas. I told him I couldn’t possibly have him here. Both the kids are very hurt and upset by his actions, and I will not put them or myself in the position of having to act as if nothing ever happened just so he won’t be alone on Christmas.
It’s all been spinning in vicious circles in my head: worry, anxiety, and fear. I am doing my best to pray and try to trust, but trust isn’t my strong suit these days.
Any good thoughts on “letting go?”
Thanks!
Old 12-13-2002, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Alongtimegone

I am so sorry you are so sick and blue right now, and will send you my best chicken soup to help out.

Like you need time to heal from the flu, you need time to heal from your life....and it takes special care, love and pampering.

The best Healer is your Higher Power, and learning to get connected and stay connected to Him will give you rest and strength to get through each day. Just keep praying and believe that miracles do happen - every day in many ways to each of us.

I quit my job this week - it turned sour a couple of months ago when my bos (the owner) turned into an abusive schrew to everyone. I tolerated this, prayed for patience, and did all I could until I realized that I was getting sick from the negative atmosphere at work. So I quit Wedneday at 9 a.m.

I prayed about it, because I didn't know how I would get through Christmas financially, and I know this is not a good time to find a new job.

At 11 a.m. I got a phone call from a law firm that I had applied at several weeks ago, but never heard anything so presumed was not available. He asked me to start next Monday. My first reaction was "Thank You God!!".

I am not saying that God is Santa...we pray and get our toys. I am saying that with or without that phone call, I KNEW that I would be okay. Because I always am. It just tool me a long time to learn that God will provide me with everything I need, even if it is not every thing I want.

Well, if this long boring book isn't enough to make you jump out of bed and run for the shower...LOL

My hugs and prayers are heading your way!!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Anns, thanks for sharing that story of faith. I have been feeling closer to God lately and I can see his action in my life more readily. Like you said, we may not get what we want but we will get what we need.

Alongtime gone, I am so sorry you are hurting. Congratulations for reaching out to us and making a connection. That effort will reap rewards. Reaching out for help is so important when we want to hide under the covers.

I have been where you are and I can tell you that the blues don't last. Things will shift and change and you won't feel as bad as you do now. This has never failed to happen for me. God will take care of you. Also when I am feeling so physically sick it tends to make my emotions low too. Hang in there, help is on the way. I am praying for you.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Along,

HI!!!!!

I was afraid we'd never get to hear from you! I think you are showing some real strength in overcoming that obstacle!

I'm so sorry you are feeling so sick. Doesn't it just seem that when it rains it pours!

I',m being summoned.

will get back to you later.

Love and hugs,
tema