Remind me....

Old 10-21-2005, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by minnie
If he is waiting for your call, then that is game-playing. If you are waiting for HIS call, then that is part of the same game. If either of you want to speak to each other, then just speak. What's the problem?

True colours are how you behave when there is no pressure to conform from anyone else. If you let him be, you will be seeing where his priorities lie. Could be in drinking, could be in emotional manipulation, could be in recovery, who knows. Until you let him be who he is, then you will never know. Maybe you don't want to know?
Minnie.....I understand. I think my "CoDe" habits are sneaking in...which is why I asked so many questions. I really don't want to call him...I have no reason to. But the CoDe habits are me thinking for him thinking he's waiting for me to call....blaming myself for whatever that hasn't even happened yet, therefore, thinking I need to call so he won't be mad or have a reason to blame me (fix it before it's broken)...whatever.

SInce I have no reason to call other than to see what he's doing and why he hasn't called....I won't call.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Savana 54
1. He's probably not calling because he's drinking.
2. You remind him all to much of reality and HIS responsibilties of being a father.
3. I could be wrong, but if he tells you he's waiting for you to call, I think he's lying, to make himself look better in your eyes.

He is showing his true colors!! Remember actions speak louder then words!! He's showing you HIS actions by not calling.
Thank you Savanah. I really need those reminders. And you know what? I think you are probably right...even if he's not drinking at this moment, or today for that matter, he still has the same attitude as if he was.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

yw Jessica!

I also heard the one in the past about "sleeping all the time." Right after our break up he said he was so depressed and all he did was sleep all the time; turns out he was down at the bar every night!
Hurrmmmmm!!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh, hon. I sense you've got your knickers on a twist a bit here.

I'll say again, if he wants to call you, then as an adult he will call. Seeing as he is drinking, he is not really acting as an adult and there is a possibility he is game-playing. There is also the possiblility that he is drinking and has forgotten or, as Savana says, that you remind him too much of his responsibilities. None of that really matters, though. Nor does it matter if he is mad at you. That's his issue to deal with.

I don't understand why this has got personal to you - didn't it start off as being about the kids?

Well done on deciding not to call. Checking up on him is never a good reason, imho.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't understand why this has got personal to you - didn't it start off as being about the kids?
Blonde moment.....I'm not sure what you're asking?

If your asking about the whole phone call thing....

I just thought it was weird that I didn't even think to call him the other day. That night I didn't call and the night after I still didn't hear from him. I was feeling pretty good about it....considering everytime I do call, I usually get myself frustrating from the way our conversation goes and I thought I showed progress by not even thinking about calling him (the whole letting go process).

Just another road in my recovery.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Of course you showed great progress!! Letting him be is really vital, I think. Forgive me, it's late here and I've had a tough week.

I meant about the phone calls - I thought you were bothered that he wasn't contacting the kids recently.

I'm going to get some sleep. lol.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

He just called me. He asked if I had plans tomorrow cause he wants to stop over and see the kids. He sounded like he's been drinking.

I'm so glad I didnt call. Shew....I made it through that step. No blame either cause I didn't ask ANY questions.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

At first I surprised myself cause I didn't think about calling him. Then I think it was my "pride"as to why I didn't call him. Then it was more for my peace of mind and that's why I posted this. I wanted to save my sanity.

I meant about the phone calls - I thought you were bothered that he wasn't contacting the kids recently.
Yes. That was an issue, but believe it or not, it wasn't an issue with me until today. But then those CoDe thoughts started kicking in.

Savana you helped me kick em in the bud

Sweet dreams Minnie
Old 10-21-2005, 05:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by JessicaNAJ
At first I surprised myself cause I didn't think about calling him. Then I think it was my "pride"as to why I didn't call him. Then it was more for my peace of mind and that's why I posted this.
I wanted to save my sanity.

Yes. That was an issue, but believe it or not, it wasn't an issue with me until today. But then those CoDe thoughts started kicking in.

Savana you helped me kick em in the bud

Sweet dreams Minnie
And thats what this deal is all about...saving sanity...well done!
Old 10-21-2005, 05:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you FOB. It feels good to know that I got through this (with all of your help) and....nothing "bad" happened. I maintained my self-control.