Xabf on the farm

Old 10-18-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Xabf on the farm

Once in a great while, I'll get a phone call from xabf. He loves it on the farm and has been sober for over 50 days now. Is doing really well.

IF I talk to him, it's short and just a "how are you? I'm fine" kind thing.

Tonight, he called and was sounding cocky again. He's worried about his disability insurance checks not coming. He has 3 girls that live with their mom and he pays child support. He's concerned that if he doesn't pay child support, the courts will get him for being a dead beat dad.

I told him "I doubt that. They should know that you're in rehab for a year"

Then, he gets cocky and says "I WILL take care of this!!" Then, he starts talking to his bunkmates and joking with them about something and laughing so I told him "I need to get off the phone now. Take Care".

He said earlier that he's "so isolated out here". I didn't like his tone of voice or attitude. It's the same tone he used to use right before he'd go do something stupid.

This is thee best possible situation for him. If he blows this, he might as well start digging his grave.

One thing I noticed, though. Thank God I don't get so upset over him and what he does and is about to do. It concerns me, but I don't get really worked up about it.

I think I've passed that HUGE hurdle.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well handled, girlfriend.

I think you have crossed a rubicon - doesn't it feel great?
Old 10-19-2005, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gianna and Minnie!!

No, Gianna,....I don't resent his phone calls. They are kind of annoying, but I don't always pick up.

I guess it's because I don't give him the power over me anymore. I pray the best for him, but I can see after yesterday's phone call, that's his manipulating again.

It's because he's "phased" up to the next level, so he gets more privileges now and doesn't have to sleep in a room with 20 guys in bunk beds. He now has 4 roommates and they are all talking amongst themselves about the negatives. Before, he had to closely watch what he said cuz there were many ears listening. Now, there aren't. He's even talking to his family again whom are in deep denial.

He's headed for a fall. And, he and only he with his HP, if he really leans on God, will pick him back up. I'm not going to.

I'm meeting new friends that don't drink and yeah.....new males that don't drink and are honest and friendly and it's nice.

I'm doing for me and it feels good
Old 10-19-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

GF- "new males "????

we're gonna need WAY more details that that!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jazzman...are you living vicariously through GF??????

LOL
Old 10-19-2005, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I'm not dateing anyone right now... I need ALL the details I can get from living vicariously through anyone thats doing ANYTHING exciting! GRRRRRR
Old 10-19-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bahhh Im dating and still want details!!!!

Good for the recovery.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Well GF...looks as if you and Jessica are growing by leaps and bounds. Sometimes it takes a while, but it happens. Good for you!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's amazing what a new attitude can do.

I've been working out, doing a weight reduction program that's doing great, changed my hair color (more blonde.....it's "hott" , am feeling MUCH better just about things in general and yeah.....um, the "males".

One I'm really interested in. He went to my HS, too, but this one doesn't drink or do drugs. He races motorcycles, plays/coaches soccer and is a teacher at our old elementary school.

He's a phine looking man and single. A good heart, compassionate and funny. A couple of other ones emailing me and they're really nice, but I kinda got my eye on this one. We talk quite a bit. We'll see where it goes.....

Thanks guys!
Old 10-20-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You sound so together! and that guy does sound like a hottie. I'm a sucker for harley guys myself. Enjoy.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

GF.....good for you. Once we remove the problem it is amazing how we can move forward. You sound like a woman on a mission...lol have fun you deserve it.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i will be in the corner with jazz waiting for the details so that i too can live vicariously through others - for the time being! LOL

you go GF!!!!!