Fed up.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fed up.

AH called me yesterday. He told me he was going to stop over earlier and give me $20 for groceries for the kids. Then he starts giving me a bunch of reasons why he really can't give me the money but says he really wants to. Whatever.

That's a game! He wants to look like the "good guy" cause he says he really wants to give me some money, but at the same time he wants me to feel sorry for him cause he can't really afford to give me 20 bucks. I know he wants me to tell him not to worry about it. Well, guess what? I'm not saying anything. If he shows up and gives it to me, great. If he don't, well then nothing gained. No big deal.

He also said he wants to get the kids for little bit tonight and maybe again tomorrow. (He don't want them to spend the night cause he don't have any electric.) We'll see. He's supposed to call me later cause he has some "things to do".

He hasn't seen them for two weeks. Why? Cause he has expired tags on his car so he can't drive. He gets the work truck on the weekend and I know he's going to say the only reason he didn't see them last weekend was because of my cousins wedding. Well, that wedding only took up friday and saturday. What happened Sunday? I was around, the kids were around. Didn't hear from him though.

Okay....just had to get that off my chest.

Me and the kids are going to have a good time regardless and I'm not counting on that money at all. I am expecting nothing.

Oh....and about the whole "I don't appreciate anything he does" incident? I refuse to ask him for anything. He didn't give me any money for our son's school pictures (I at least needed $7 so I could order extra for him) so he's not going to get a big picture. I paid for the same package I always pay for. And that is just enough for family. May sound mean, but he can have a wallet size pic if there is one left.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea, I know the feeling. Basically; you reap what you sow......his loss.

Sorry you are going thru this; sorry any of us is!
Old 10-15-2005, 11:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JessicaNAJ
Oh....and about the whole "I don't appreciate anything he does" incident? I refuse to ask him for anything. He didn't give me any money for our son's school pictures (I at least needed $7 so I could order extra for him) so he's not going to get a big picture. I paid for the same package I always pay for. And that is just enough for family. May sound mean, but he can have a wallet size pic if there is one left.

That's not mean, Jessica. Atleast he's getting a wallet size.

Sounds like he's in a real pickle with no electricity and no car (except for the company truck). We really do reap what we sow.

((hugs to you and your children))
Old 10-15-2005, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Girlfriend
Sounds like he's in a real pickle with no electricity and no car (except for the company truck).
GET THIS....He said the reason he's loosing everything is so that he CAN give us some money in the future. Whatever.

The only reason he's loosing everything is b/c he got himself into more debt than he can afford to pay. AND he wasn't able to do what he wanted, ie go to the bar, cause all he could do was pay his bills and had no money for ANYTHING else. He's not fooling anyone here.

Feels pretty good to see this clearly and I'M NOT EVEN MAD
Old 10-15-2005, 08:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JessicaNAJ
AH called me yesterday. He told me he was going to stop over earlier and give me $20 for groceries for the kids. Then he starts giving me a bunch of reasons why he really can't give me the money but says he really wants to. Whatever.

That's a game! He wants to look like the "good guy" cause he says he really wants to give me some money, but at the same time he wants me to feel sorry for him cause he can't really afford to give me 20 bucks. I know he wants me to tell him not to worry about it. Well, guess what? I'm not saying anything. If he shows up and gives it to me, great. If he don't, well then nothing gained.
I feel like I'm starting to sound like everything in my life revolves around money, but really that is just my biggest issue right now. I hope you all don't think I'm being greedy.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that he did come by the house tonight and hung out here with the kids. I didn't ask him about the $20 and he didn't offer. I'm not surprised.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jessica, I don't even have kids and reading your post makes me mad. I don't know all the details but in my opinion if he really wanted to help he could get a second job. You can't get much food for $20 these days. Those are his kids too and they deserve more than that. Bless you for putting up with him. I feel for all the single mothers struggling to make ends meet. My mother was a single mother and I know what she had to go through to raise me. AND I was definitely no angel.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Doing the happy dance for you.Way to go!!! Your not emtionally hurt,buying into the stuff,he throws. .
When i was active,i said anything to make myself look good to others.Telling them all the things that i would do,or will do,for them,that was never done.Or telling them what i thought they wanted to hear.Thought my words out-weighed my actions.But ya know,deep deep down i knew the truth about myself,always.Just wasnt willing to admit it,to myself at the time or others.
Alcoholism...............>..denil.
Now hes got a wallet size picture.Life on life termes.
He knows that you have limited money.And that your doing the best that you can.

Last edited by Cap3; 10-16-2005 at 07:10 AM. Reason: post....
Old 10-16-2005, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabies
I don't even have kids and reading your post makes me mad.
Thank you lmf for your support. It does seem to bother others more than me. I often wonder if there is something wrong with me cause it don't bother me as much. But I think that I'm just so use to the disappointment that I've stopped letting it bother me.

I'm a survivor. I won't let his alcoholism defeat me. I still have my moments though.

Originally Posted by Cap3
Doing the happy dance for you.Way to go!!! Your not emtionally hurt,buying into the stuff,he throws. .
When i was active,i said anything to make myself look good to others.Telling them all the things that i would do,or will do,for them,that was never done.Or telling them what i thought they wanted to hear.Thought my words out-weighed my actions.But ya know,deep deep down i knew the truth about myself,always.Just wasnt willing to admit it,to myself at the time or others.
Alcoholism...............>..denil.
Now hes got a wallet size picture.Life on life termes.
He knows that you have limited money.And that your doing the best that you can.
Thank you Cap. Hearing that from you means sooooo much. I'm getting there slowly but surely. One day at a time