Everything is going wrong

Old 10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thumbs down Everything is going wrong

Things aren't going so good these days. I'm very ill, and had to take time off from the job that I just started. I hate my new job. It's all men, who are total conservative, republicans that sit around and talk about college football all day. One of the interns sits at what is supposed to be my desk, and surfs the internet all day. So I sit at the very front desk and he is always behind me; I literally don't have my own workspace nor my personal space or any privacy.

Since I have no insurance I have to go to clinic that provides for people on a sliding fee scale. The care I get is less the adequate, and I have asthma, chronic sinusitis, and allergies. I can't get in to see the Dr. until next Monday to let him know the antibiotics he gave me aren't working. I can't wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!I'm probably going to lose my job. I tried to get up and go today, but I feel dizzy and weak.

On top of all of this, the property manager (yes, the freak that kept calling me back in June, and many of you suggested not moving into this apartment, should've listened) is a total pervert. When I moved in he kept asking me out, only coming over my house to do repairs after 9 pm, etc. I later found out he was married and just had a baby with his wife. Since I declined his advances he no longer talks to me, and won't do any repairs in my apartment; not to mention the fact I don't feel safe with him in my apartment now. I guess the fact that he no longer talks to me is his little way of playing manipulative games. The neighbor next door said that he was hitting on a few of the other tenants, guess he had to find a new "victim" and I think he's sleeping with one of them. YUKKK!!!

I looked into some landlord tenant laws, and this is considered sexual harrasment. I don't want to sue him, I just think I would like to get out of my lease altogether. Yet that is another hassle to have to move again. There are tons of repairs that need to be made prior to winter and I'm afraid they will not get done, as he is the only one that does repairs, and I don't want him in my house!!! I just don't have the energy to fight all these battles right now.

Why can't anything ever go right?? I'm slowly giving up on everything. Have I really made any progress???? I sure don't feel as though I have...Being with my exabf looks like a cake walk compared to what I'm dealing with today
Old 10-12-2005, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*hugs*

Of course you have made progress.... When you dont feel good the whole world seems to close in on you... keep it simple.

The only thing to worry about today is taking good care of yourself, Take care of the health issues and let the rest wait till your ready to deal with it hon. Dont project into the future cuz we have no idea what will happen.

Once you feel better then take on the next important thing.... but yes you have made progress and everything is going to work out
Old 10-12-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Savana)))

everything Cynay said....remember we are here for you and when you feel better I am sure everything else will start to look better too.
can you say anything to your boss about you desk being taken over by the intern?
Old 10-12-2005, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Keep it Simple

One Day at a Time.

It's a drag about your landlord.

Ngaire
Old 10-12-2005, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Well no I can't say anything because he's been there for two years, and they really like him.He pretty much runs the office, and he is way above me, especially now that he has passed his bar exam. What does it matter, I probably won't have that stupid job for much longer. It's just a good ole' boys network in the office. I totally don't fit in at all, and actually I'm glad I'm home sick, so I don't have to be there.

I don't see how I'm able to get better when I can't even get into the Dr. until next week.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Savana - You know how your gut told you not to take that apartment and not to take this job? That's the universe's way of guiding us toward paths that are for our highest and best. My sponsor always tells me, pray for more faith. We make decisions and then try to make them the RIGHT decisions. I feel for you, dear. I support you in asking your higher self what choices you can make today to move you to a better place. The trust your intuition. It's a process, I know, but the more we are connected and in the flow, the more things seem to work out for the best.

Feel better and hang in there, ok? This, too, shall pass.

Hugs,

Phinny
Old 10-12-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I have heard B12 helps asthma and antioxidents such as grape seed extract there is also one that begins with the letter Q but I cannot recall it at this time.

Now the property management guy I think I would find out who his boss is and file a complaint...what he is doing ain't right...

Take what you want leave the rest....
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well ... lets see...

Start with the couch a fuzzy blanket and hot tea and a good uplifting movie.

Then I would look at the over the counter stuff to ease some of the systems... cuz you know when they put you on those antibiodics (sp) they dont let you use the over the counter stuff.... I prefer nightquil cuz it makes me sleep.... sleep is such a healing effect.

Then when I was feeling a tad better, I would probably call and bug the heck out of that office... being totally sweet of course... and just check every hour if they had a cancelation.. *grins evilly* who know???
Old 10-12-2005, 02:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Hi Savana, Sorry your not feeling well. Sounds like you have alot to deal with your apt. situation. What a jerk! You don't give it up and he won't do repairs. He's a creep, make sure you lock your doors. Hopefully things will start looking up for you! When you feel sick it is easy to get down. Yes, you've made progress!!!! Your a strong single woman, with a great indepentent attitude. Keep your chin up, it can only get better, let's hope. LOL
Take Care- With love, Kerry
Old 10-12-2005, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Phinny-Thanks for the input, but I did pray, I waited and prayed some more, and I took the job because I thought thats what I should be doing today. I really had no choice as I needed the job desperatley!! How do you ever know what direction you are supposed to go in? My gut has been wrong before, so I don't know if I should trust it sometimes??

splendra-I called the owner and told her about the things going on here. Her son owns the building and has failed to do anything about it. He's on the other side of the state and doesn't want to hassle with it.

It's not really a corporation, just a guy that owns a few rentals. I do know, if this were to keep on, I would have to sue the owner as well. I really like the owner's mom, she is an older women, but very kind, and has worked with me on the rent.

I don't know what to do!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 04:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hate to say this,but i am going thru kind of the same thing. i feel so bad for you, cuz i know how much it sucks!! ive had the same kind of sinus,dizziness,tired-well more like exhausted thing going on for a couple weeks now. it got better for about five days,then came back.i myself almost didnt make it to work today,but i literally drug my butt in there.cant afford not to,and cant afford to go to the docs,no ins either. you wonder if the stress is making you literally ill, or the ill is making you more stressed!! seems like everything here is out of control too. i felt like crying more than a few times today.
hang in there,give the antibiotics more time to work--sometimes it takes awhile-and just rest. wait till you are feeling physically better to tackle the other stuff. i had some soup for dinner. get well soon..........
Old 10-12-2005, 04:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

well-

if you are paying a fair rent you deserve to not be harassed and to have things fixed that need repair. I own rental property and if someone said something about the people I had taking care of my property doing those kinds of things and I was told about it I would expect that I would be hearing from the housing board if I did not resolve the problem myself.

but, hey take care of yourself as best as you can for now...
Old 10-12-2005, 04:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi,
Try some vitamin C about 3000, milligrams, everytime I get totally fatigued, and come down with sinus infections found this worked best, I take it every couple of hrs round the clock for a couple of days and then once I am feeling better decrease the amount, before I started taking it, I was really run down, had one cold after the other and just felt like ??? Anyway it works.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Savana ((hugs))

Things ARE gonna get better for you! Keep telling yourself that, ok? I know this sounds weird, but it's true.

When I start to get anxious about the future or depressed about something, I just think that what if today was my last day here? Then, I would of worried and stressed all for nothing. Half the stuff we worry about never comes true, anyways.

It could be that you're ill because of the stress. Splendra told you a good thing about grape seed extract, but plz don't take it if you're taking any antidepressants or medication for your sinus problems. It effects the chemicals in the drugs and then they don't work properly. Echinecea is good. B12 and VIT C.

I'm sorry about the idiot landlord. That can be scary.

Hang in there and let go....let God!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Savana, I remember the time when you posted about moving in there...

I'm sorry for the unfortunate situation, I do think destiny allowed everything to happen for a reason for all of us to see what we needed to see to find our purpose as always.

Regarding your repairs, in CA, its by law required that the landlord make repairs within a very short time frame from when you requested it. I am not sure what time frame your state is but you can easily find this with some google research, if you want, I would be happy to research it for you.

If this requirement is not met, you can report it and at a bad extreme if you suffer from lack of repairs when winter comes you will just have a good case against the landlord which simply means lots of money but I am sure if you tell remind him of the law it will motivate him to do his job correctly.

Your protected as a tenant, make sure you know your rights and take advantage of your right! Your paying him, he has to fullfill his side of the requirements.

Take cares and best wishes always
Old 10-13-2005, 12:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Savana

Your experiences really are a lot like my own last year. After I split up with exabf I took a job hundreds of miles away and hastily rented an apartment. I hated my new job too, my colleagues were very hostile and unfriendly. There was a lot of professional rivalry and it made me even more miserable being in a town where I knew nobody at all. I hated the apartment too. It felt like a prison to me because the landlord kept snooping around - pretending to be doing odd jobs just to keep an eye on me.

I also became ill and I think it was due to the unhappiness and despair and was also glad to be at home sick because I got to the stage where I was too depressed to get up and go to that awful job. Like you, I was beginning to think about my ex and perhaps I should have stuck it out with him. At least I wasn't lonely and lost - so I thought.

What I did: I moved back to my home town. I stayed for a week in a hotel until I found a new apartment. Then I wrote to my employer, honestly explaining why I quit. They were very understanding and actually paid me three months severance which helped the transition period. I just left the apartment and wrote to the landlord after I moved out telling him why I left. He kept my deposit which was two months rent. I didn't care, I was out of there and I knew that staying and sticking it out would never make me happy because it wasn't the right place for me to be happy no matter how much I tried or how long I stayed there. Of course I was a bit scared - making myself unemployed and homeless all at once at almost 50. But it worked out and it can work out for you too. You tried, I tried - it didn't work out so move on.

I started working for myself and have a couple of clients who pay me to work freelance and that pays the rent. I have a comfortable apartment and the landlord leaves me alone. I am at peace now and glad I had the courage to move and turn things around. It only took me five months to get to this state of happiness and peace.

My philosophy is that if it's so bad, it cannot get any better no matter how hard you try to make it work and sometimes it's better to wipe the slate clean and start afresh. It just takes a bit of courage to do it. Just like having the courage to leave the alcoholic and move on. You did that, so you can do this. Life's too short to be miserable. Good luck!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Savana!

I hope by now that you have gotten yourself some nice hot tea, and taken a LONG nap! I agree with what everyone has said so far... especially that... This too shall pass!!

One thing I wanted to add is that sometimes what seems like a "wrong" decision could be the biggest gift/change that comes to your life! I've made some pretty big "wrong" decisions in my life, but it was those decisions that challenged me to grow and to step out of the "norm." I too lived in an apartment half-way across the country from all my friends and family... and that sucked at times, but I learned that living alone didn't necessarily mean being lonely! I learned so much about myself in that year... and I learned that I didn't really need "furniture" to call the place "home!" I had a card table, two camping chairs, and a bed!! It wasn't much, but it was way better than where I was before that!

As for the repairs, are they anything that you might be able to do yourself? A leaky faucet? Do you have a screwdriver and can you tighten it up? Some household repairs are a lot simpler than we think, but we don't know until we try!!

Just for today! What do you NEED today? Focus on that!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just writing to say hope you are feeling better. I can't add anymore then the other great advice that was said already. Take care of yourself. I'd really look into another living situation. Perhaps a roomate? You need to feel safe in your own home.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Hey Savanna,

Most leases have a clause in them indicating a valid reason for a tenant breaking the lease is when management fails to repair items necessary for daily living and safety. When you are feeling better, read through your lease and see what you can come up with.
For now, try and get better, bc everything sucks when you're sick!
Old 10-13-2005, 11:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hi Savana...

"First Things First"

I think they tell me that in program because I just LOVE to future-trip - worrying about tomorrow's troubles waaay before they get here.

Stay in today. Pamper yourself the way you would a child (got 7-up? ....c'mon, I don't care WHAT I was sick with, I had/got to drink 7-up). Read, rest and let your HP work while you are ill.

If that job doesn't last, it may be HP's way of getting you out of that comfortable nest of inertia. I always remember, "I was looking for a job when I found this one". Your skills and abilities are still what they were - if not better. No matter what happens, you will land on your feet.

I am sorry about the apartment, but if it is clean and dry then for today, it is probably adequate. I have a tendency anymore to not confront if I can make other options happen .... I just don't need the stress it brings me. But if you do decide to stand up for your rights, rest assured you are not doing anything inappropriate - as someone posted above, it doesn't matter how "nice" the owner is, she has responsibilities and if she is shirking them, there is a cost.

I hope the rest of today can be better for you.