Bummed out today

Old 10-11-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Ok, so now youve looked at the down side, Jazzy, lets have a look at the positive, shall we?

Your healthy...good looking (Ive seem the pic, remember, even got hair)...own your own home....your free....your recovering....you have a fresh start to meet new, healthy people...hopefully youve got a job...get the drift?

If you have a roof over your head, hot water, friends and your health...you certainly have a lot more than many addicts/alkies I know.

Cherish it...like we cherish you!
Old 10-11-2005, 03:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You'll do fine Jazzman ....... and there is just something about your threads that makes us all smile and lighten up a little.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Thanks FOB - yeah there's lots of good sides. Good job, good friends, I'm free from the hell that was the last 3 years of my life. And I'm sitting on some big equity.. And I can do a pretty good "fake" Antonio Banderas accent..
Old 10-11-2005, 03:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by Jazzman
Thanks FOB - yeah there's lots of good sides. Good job, good friends, I'm free from the hell that was the last 3 years of my life. And I'm sitting on some big equity.. And I can do a pretty good "fake" Antonio Banderas accent..
Adios mio,,,,,,,Im swooning <BACK head fore to hand of>:sweat

Did I ever tell you my drug of choice is Latin alcoholic men....?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Rofl..... Me Too Me Too
Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hmmm, sounds addictive..
Old 10-11-2005, 04:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Jazz!
I'm sorry about the difficult time you are going through!
Most of this thread I REALLY don't get. I guess teaching 4th graders for 16 years and being stashed away in my home trying to avoid my life with my AH has made me out of touch with how people communicate. So, I can't respond to most of what you all are talking about! Most of the terms you are using I don't understand! Sorry!
As for your situation Jazz, money is only money. If you have your health, you have everything! I'm watching my dad suffer with cancer of the spine and my mother is going blind. They both keep telling me to be thankful for my health and for my daughters' health. As you've told me many times, hang in there and keep posting your thoughts. We're all here for you! Smile, exercise, and sing a song. That always helps me when I'm down!
Suzie
Old 10-11-2005, 04:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Suzie!! Don't worry about it - it's just us Brits having a bit of fun with our American friends. We're a bit outnumbered here - not that you'd be able to tell with all the noise we make!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Suzie! It's not like we're talking in code to be seceret or anything. It's just us Americans goofing on our British friends becasue they talk funny, (but what an accent ). You're a teacher right? Ever had a group of "goof balls" that were disruptive to your class? Well that would be us. Hope you join the club! There's pleanty of room in the back of the class
Old 10-11-2005, 05:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Jazz and Minnie!
I'm trying to join in, but I don't understand a great deal of you are all saying. My friends have always made fun of me because I just don't get much of what they talk about. Most of my life has been spent either studying, performing in opera's, pageants,(Yup, Miss New York State, and Top ten in Miss America) modeling, and now teaching. I just never had a desire to go out and see how people REALLY live. I was focused on making my parents proud of me and now I'm focused on making my daughters proud of me. I guess my life has been quite sheltered, even though I've traveled all over. I kept so much to my self so that nothing "BAD" could happen to me. I guess I never thought I would fall in love with an Alcoholic! Maybe God had a plan for me so that I could experience pain. Oh well, I'll continue to learn from you all. Smile Jazz!
Suzie
Old 10-11-2005, 06:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

suziea - stick around here long enough and you will be indoctrinated into this crazy, goofy, fun-loving bunch of caring folks!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

just noticed,,,the Jazzman doesnt have a nifty avatar signature....hmmm.if the avatar fairy is around.....maybe?
Old 10-11-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

yeah - i would love to see the jazzman get one!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey Suzie, I didn't mean to give you the impression that minnie and I are the only goof balls here, there's way more than just us two! LOL! And don't be affraid to ask anyone stuff like, "What's LOL?!?!" (Laugh Out Loud). You'll find everyone here is very accomodating and friendly.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

FOB - I was thinking I would add a signature. Then maybe work up to the fancy stuff as my tenure grows.

Hows this one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cang ju tehl me ifa ju ethink my pantz are ato etight?" - Antonio Banderas (inspired by FOB and Cynay)
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwohio
suziea - stick around here long enough and you will be indoctrinated into this crazy, goofy, fun-loving bunch of caring folks!
Well put!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Ohhhhh if you will translate I think that one might work wonders !!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:38 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzman
FOB - I was thinking I would add a signature. Then maybe work up to the fancy stuff as my tenure grows.

Hows this one?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Cang ju tehl me ifa ju ethink my pantz are ato etight?" - Antonio Banderas (inspired by FOB and Cynay)
Oh my God, you must warn about "spew" alerts ..... I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard!
Old 10-12-2005, 08:40 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You don't want to do that, Judy.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=73538
Old 10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

no fooling judy!!!!

jazz - i DEFINITELY think that's YOUR signature line!!!!!!