Getting Sick

Old 10-07-2005, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting Sick

This has been a dark week for me. I have been suffering severe depression and panic attacks. I feel like I am falling apart.

ah I and the kids were to go an rv trip for a week. I can't beleave I cancelled. I could not go. I have been just to sick.

I advised my husband that I was to fair in this drepression and had to get away. I feel like I am dieing. I went to the dr. today and started on medication. I have come to stay at my sisters.

I just need prayers

nanad
Old 10-08-2005, 12:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

(((((((((nanad)))))))))

Thoughts and prayers going out to you! I hope you're feeling better very soon

Hugs,
Savana
Old 10-08-2005, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

You are NOT dying!

It juse feels that way.

I suffered a bad bout of ancixty attacks and depression not long ago. Its your mind playing games on you. This is what worked for me:

1. Anti-depression meds - first and foremost!
2. Exercise!!! I cant stress this enough. It creates endorphins that relieve the aniety. Walk, run, skip at least once per day, 30 mins each.
3. DO NOT STAY IN BED! - Get up, get out, do your reg. routine. If you feed the fear, it will grow, you must force yourself to do the next right thing.
4. Learn breathing exercises for when the attacks hit. Search the net, they are there.
5. Talk it out with others, go to al anon,get a therapist dont keep it in.

THis too willpass, and easir if you try the methods Ive used. YOu are not going to die, its just a phase of some underlyind issues within you. YOU WILL BE OK!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((nanad))
Old 10-08-2005, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Hi Nanad, I too have suffered with what your dealing with. I can't add too much more to what FOB said. I try a mantra, "this too shall pass". Meds have
been very helpful to me, I hope they help you. My prayers are with you at this difficult time. Kerry
Old 10-08-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope hte medication helps you. Try to get out and do things, it helps. It takes time.

Is your AH still drinking?
Old 10-08-2005, 11:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I should add I have experienced depression too. Give the meds some time, but if after a month or so you don't feel any better, don't be afraid to ask to try something different. A therapist would be good too, esp if you have been dealing with alcoholism with someone. Also, there are some depression forums on the net that I have found helpful in the past when dealing with depression really bad. Take care of yourself and come back and vent, it helps. It will get better. Though at times when in the midst of a depressive episode, it doesn't seem to feel like things will get better.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi nanad,

I know it feels like you're dying, but you're not. Anxiety and panic attacks are scary as heck. I used to have them alot in my 20's while being married to an abusive H.

The other's advice is good to follow. Anti-depressants helped me, therapy and talking it out.

My prayers are with you!

((hugs))

P.S. HI Meli!! It's good to see you on here again.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you feel like talking and can get to a counselor, I very much favor talk talk talk, along with what the others have mentioned.

Dr.'s always wanted to give me anti depressants, I only wanted help to get a good nights sleep.
I knew I wasn't staying in my robe all day and not bathing, not hearing anything etc.
as long as I heard what people said, and wanted to be of help to others I felt I was not depressed, just down, confused, sad, going through grief, and a worrier.

Once I had fears. just fear for no reason, remembered reading that B1 Thiamin helps with fears, on reading more it helps with depression also. always ask Dr. or pharmacist if OK to take with Rx's you are taking. Fixed me, but of course was it the B1 or was I going to get over it anyway, who knows?

If one is clinically depressed that is very different. Then I believe blood work nessassary to check if one needs lithium .

One other thing, sweets! I believe in cutting out sweets and getting extra protein.
When I do not feel like eating, I drink an Ensure with high protein.
I have hypoglycemia so eat nuts every 2 hrs, or crackers and cheese.
Take what you can use and leave the rest.
LVYA and want the best for you.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone. My ah pick up our children this morning I could not get out of bed. I feel so desperate I can not wait until this passes. I started my anti depressant on Thurs. I hope is kicks in soon. I feel I have just met my limits and am having a nervious break down.. My ah the first few days was not supportive. However after my sister advised we are thinking of going to the hospital he jumped in. This is the worst time of my life. Please dear God make it end.

huggs
nanad
Old 10-08-2005, 02:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My dad had attacks. He's now on meds and his doctor also highly recommended getting exercise, especially outside. It must help because that is what he used to do naturally to relieve his stress and now he relies heavily on it.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

PS. Sweety it will pass. Praying for you.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Prayers and blessings to you.

I have also suffered from serious depression. I understand what you are feeling. Please hang in there - it will get better. If the meds don't "kick in" in about 2 weeks, go and ask for different meds. Find the medication, and dose that is right for you.

There was some great advice posted here.

You can actually do things that will make you feel better. Exercise is one thing, and a careful diet that avoids sugar and refined carbs is another thing that helped me tremendously.

You can also check out the Mental Health Forum here. There are some very helpful people there.

Love

Robin
Old 10-08-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Laughter Helps Me

Oh hon! I have not even posted before but felt I had to reply to to your post. I have been there! Listen to the advice given here but also remember if you go to a therapist that does not work with or completely understand alcoholism, then find another! It is hell like no other but you CAN beat this with the right help!! You are definitely NOT alone in what you are feeling!

Silly as it sounds but daily motivators REALLY helpS me!
http://www.dailymotivator.com/
http://greatday.com/motivate/index.html

I am sooooo sorry you are feeling so low. I truly wish I could hug you and help you through this.

Dam@ alcohol
Old 10-08-2005, 06:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Brighter days lie ahead. Be patient and trust in your higher power. Take your meds faithfully. Find a counselor and comit to at least six visits. Keep posting here. Don't be afraid to ask for what you need. Sending prayers your way.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((nanad)))

I am sorry.....good advice here; I have tried most of it recently, it has helped.

I feel the way you described,too. It miserable and frightening. I have learned how not to thinkahead (in a good way); try to just get thru the moment sometimes. I am hoping this is a step in heling.....I thought I had "turned it over" but the lower I get, I see that there is more that I am trying to control. I am just so tired and out of energy; this is my only option; of course, the best option. But being human, I resist it, even when I think I am not.

Hope today brings you some peace. Cry, if you need to; then pick yourself up and do something nice for yourself. Today, my kids (17 AND 23) are wanting (insisting) I go with them when son returns to his new apartment (he just moved out of the hose for the first time in Augusy) in a town 2 hours away (where their dad and I met ant went to college BTW. He is the A in our life.He just divorced me over the drinking a few weeks ago after 27 yrs of marriage) They are going to "tour" the campus, and then go to a new, nice mall daughter is itching to see. Son has scheduled me to have my hair cut at a nice place, probably to make sure I don't back out in going.........I would prefer to read in bed and sleep; they know that........and also help give me a new "updated" look. I am sure they are right, it will be fun and do me good, so I will go and probably have a great time. I just get so tired ....all the time. Things feel so overwhelming; but I am sure they feel the same. That is also what keeps me going somedays. But, I guess the point is to keep plugging along.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks-everyone

getting better slowly

hugs
nanad
Old 10-12-2005, 08:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It will get better, just hang in there. When in the midst of a depression, it feels like getting through a moment is terrible. I can remember feeling so down, Felt living wasn't worth it. I know it hurts like hell.