"Breaking Bonaduce" Tonight

Old 10-02-2005, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Breaking Bonaduce" Tonight

Tonight's episode:

"Danny's past behavior has forced Gretchen to build a wall around her that prevents them from achieving any real intimacy. She keeps her self very busy with the kids, the house, errands and, more recently, planning her own 40th Birthday party. Danny struggles to cope with Gretchen's cold and distant demeanor until his fear and pain send him off the wagon and into a fit of binge drinking and destructive behavior. So on the night of Gretchen's `all-girl-slumber-party' 40th Birthday, Danny decides to go out with friends and drink until he blacks out. While on his way to doing just that, he finds out that male strippers are on the guest list for Gretchen's party. Angrily, Danny demands a hault to production of the show until he can get his wife on the phone to discuss the strippers. As Danny is stewing, the show dips to black ... to be continued."

Breaking Bonaduce
Old 10-02-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
too much on my plate!!

Thanks for the reminder GF! I watched some repeats of the show last night.

Is Intervention on A & E a repeat? I can't remember..
Old 10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

You know, I always admired Danny for moving forward and leaving his past haunts behind him. He loved his wife and was doing well with his radio show. I was shocked when I heard about his recent relapse. It saddens me. He lost his job and is at risk of losing his wife. A perfect example of addiction ruining lives. I hope Danny pulls out of it and gets his act together before it's to late. I would love to watch this show, but I don't get VH1. I'm bummed.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think so. It sounds familiar, but I just go ahead and watch them again, anyways.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG!! I was going to start a thread on this. My xabf actually told me about this show. I watched one episode and it made me sick but I think it's worth watching and just before I logged on I had already Tivo'ed another episode. When I was told of it I thought that it must be fake. But watching it it's all too real and very familiar. I'd recommend watching it and hope someone else tells us what you got out of it. I need a jolt of the reality of living with insanity since it's easy to forget what it's like after a while. This show has a great insight into the mind of an addict, their deception mostly. It's CREEPY and the fact that my xabf actually mentioned it gives me a clue that he obviously relates and actually seemed to think it's funny. SCARY!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It IS scary to watch Danny's drugged behavior. He's an alcoholic and a 'roid user and the two just gets him fired UP!! :hairout

You can just watch him building up to a rage. It is insanity. My xabf was like that when i first ran back into him a year ago and our high school reunion. He was freaky. One minute, joking and laughing, the next ,......his whole face changed and became just SO angry.

They almost cancelled this show becuz of what happens during the episodes. I've heard that he hits rock bottom, has an affair on Gretchen (Oct. 19th episode) and then tries to commit suicide. Then, goes to rehab and gets clean again and is supposedly still clean. But, they decided to keep it on because of the positive turnout.

It should be interesting. It's only a 1/2 hour long show. I wish it was longer because it seems like they just get into it and then it's done. But, it's worth watching. Pretty typical addiction behavior with all the jealousy and anger and insecurity and how Gretchen deals with it.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wow....

I knew from going to meetings all thses years that the lives and times of recovering addicts would make great sitcom/soap fodder.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Have ya ever seen a video of yourself while high, Gooch?

I did. That's when I got sober. It was scary.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Thought about videotaping my xAB when he was drunk, since he never believed how impossible he was and how nasty he behaved when he was drunk. But I figured it wouldn't do any good.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I thought about doing that but I don't know when I can catch my AH sober
Old 10-02-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's powerful, ladies!!! This happened 11 years ago when I was hosting my daughter's (at the time she was 13) boy-girl bday party which was really nice, catered, had a DJ,......25 of her friends were there.

I was nervous about it and wanted it to be perfect, as usual. So, I drank a few glasses of wine before the party. My ex H (husband at the time) videotaped it and tried not to get too much of me in it becuz he knew I was lit.

But, always needing to be the center of attention,.....I made sure that I was on the videotape.

I saw it two weeks later with my kids, 15 and 13. They both were laughing and saying "Look at Mom! She's wasted!". They had seen me before like that.

I never did and OMYGOSH!! Did I ever look stupid! Made a complete fool outta myself and in front of my daughter and her friends!!!!

That was it. I had had enough. I decided right then and there that that was the LAST time that I was gonna be drunk around my kids......around..PERIOD!

So, I quit cold turkey and went into therapy.

That video was my life changing moment of truth. If you can videotape your A Spouse..........do it. Then show it to them later when they're sober. They won't like what they see, I can tell ya that much!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

My sister threatened to video tape me if I ever got wasted again. That is something I don't want to see. The last time I got drunk ( 9 day non stop binge) it was pathetic. The thought helps me to stay sober today.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Someplace theres a videotape of me staggering into a police station in handcuffs. The officer helping me walk without falling down advising me that I was being videotaped, and my slurred reply, "itsch ok .. i'm hammmmered, Idonmind."

I never saw the videotaope but can rememeber perfectly the next day waking up and recalling that instant and thinking, wow .. why didn't I just keep my mouth shut.

The videotape library in my head has enough supporting evidence for me to not want to star in any new productions.

I watched part of the show last night and whether it's hyped for good tv or not, It hurt to watch the man struggle with all that fear and pain. Prayers for the addict that still suffers.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

From what I understand, Gooch, it's real Reality TV. They didn't cut much out and decided to film it all.

I know,....you could just see the fear and anxiety in Danny last night. That was hard to watch.