So the tax bill is paid in full...

Old 09-28-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So the tax bill is paid in full...

Got a loan from my personal bank. Payroll withdrawl, it is manageable since I got a 3 year loan.

I am having a hard time NOT being really really pissed off about this. Although then I come to my senses and realize that it will do no good to rage about it. What is done, is done.

I just wonder what else there is out there that is going to creep up...although I can't go there either, that is crazy thinking.

What have I learned from all of this?

I was very very stuipid in trusting my husband with money.
I will NEVER do it again.
I am capable and competent and have resources.

But damn, it still pisses me off.

Jenny
Old 09-28-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

I bet you are pissed. Its so frustrating to feel like the only person able to handle finances. I feel like that for me and my situation, he is not able to handle finances not becuase of his addiction, but because he DOESNT WANT to. Its been one of those days for me.
Keep on taking care of yourself and your babies and do what needs to be done for you and I hope that things get better, or at least you feel more comfortable with where YOU are.
You can be thankful that you have the credit to get a loan and have choices out there. Many people dont!

Love,
Sarah
Old 09-28-2005, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jenny - I'm so envious!! I'm useless with money, I never seem to have any sense of it's comings and goings. I really think the skill you've got is such a good one to have - can you pass a little my way?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jenny,

Glad to hear you got that huge monkey off of your back!

I know how you feel, though, about being pissed. My ex H owed $20k in bills, loans, credit cards that he never paid on.

Once we got married (together for 15 years, married for 5) the collectors started calling me. And they were MEAN! I had to learn how to talk to them without them intimidating me. I learned all about the Federal Privacy Act and harrassment.

I worked out payment plans with them. When my parents died, I inherited a good deal of $. Since the collectors were hounding me almost daily and stressing me out, I paid of ex h's bills......all $20k of them.

Pissed? Hurt? OH YEAH! Cuz when I paid them off, he just said "thank you" like he didn't even think about paying it back. I know when a couple gets married, the bills are their bills, money is their money. But, my parents worked their butts off all their lives to save for their kids and the inheritance is for me and my children. When Ex H's parents die (God forbid), he'll inherit a house and I won't look at the house as mine. That's their gift to him.

So, that was part of the reason why our marraige started to falter.......that and alot more. I asked him to sign a letter stating that he'd pay that $ back and had it notarized. It gave him 3 years to do that. So, he's paid some on it and will be paying off the rest within the next two years.